STAR TREK 2d20

Issues with Line of Site and Fog of War causing Jagged lines on Player side.

I am using the Unity version of FG and 5E Ruleset. I have noticed how not so good the players map(Picture Attached. FGU_LOS_Issue.png) looks when using LOS and FOW (Fog of war) compared to how amazing it looks on the DM side(Picture Attached. FGU_LOS_Issue_DM.png). The Jagged grey will disappear once the map has been explored. This map is attempting to hide portions of the map due to the trees and bushes in the way. I used the Terrain tool to add the Line of Site elements to the map.
    Is there some setting that I can change to loose the jagged grey areas?
    Is there some way to turn off FOW?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi slademan, welcome to FG.

You need to compare like for like. In your two images the token is in a different position. A lot will depend on how you set up your occluders and what area(s) the players have explored. You don't show where you have drawn your occluders so it's hard to tell what you've done. Remember you can always switch off terrain occluders if you feel that they no longer block sight.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the quick feedback. Always thought the community behind FG was amazing.

Here are more screenshots(from the same POV) that might show more.

This is the first shot from the Players perspective:
    FGU_LOS_P2.PNG

This is the same view from the DM's perspective:
    FGU_LOS_DM2.png

This is the same view from the DM's perspective with occluders showing.
    FGU_LOS_DM_Occ.png

The issue to me is the Jagged Grey lines caused by Fog of War until explored by the player. In this circumstance if I could turn off Fog of war and yet leave on LOS(which is the reason I moved up to FGU) the players view would like more like the DM's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Something isn't right with the first image. Are you and all your players using the same version of FGU?

Also do you mean that you are using the mask as well as LoS and it is the mask which is causing the issue?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I am using FGU Ultimate v4.0.0 (2020-06-12)(GM Server) and the Players and using the FGU Free v4.0.0 (2020-06-12) (Client).
    It appears to me that the Fog of war is turned on although I am not sure how\if I did it as All I enabled is Line of Site.
    If I Right click on the Player token on the GM side then choose Visibility there is an option to Reset Fog of War and once I do this the Grey Jagged lines appear on the client side. Which is why I am thinking the Fog of is enabled. Thanks again for the feedback.

Yes, resetting the fog of war is actually resetting the line of sight. I think that is probably the issue since you have removed that token from the line of sight. It may also have to do with which way you have the show party vision option set as well.

Under default settings you and the players should see the same image when moving through a map. SO I fear you may have changed a setting which is giving you the problem.

Thread Information