DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

LFP Need 3-4 more for 5E homebrew campaign, Tuesday's 7pm EST

Our group is currently looking 1-2 more. We recently lost a player who has been relocated due to work and we would potentially be looking for a fifth to join the party. We are 11 sessions in and just hit level 3. Please read the details below. If it interests you feel free to PM me or leave your answers to the questions in the thread and I will reach out to you with more details. Our group is new player friendly.

FG License: Ultimate (I have most of the books)
    DND 5e Homebrew setting
    Long Term Campaign (estimated level 1 to 12ish, we can cut it shorter or make it longer)
    Tuesdays 7:00pm-10:00pm EST
    Time zone: Eastern
    -------------------------
    Frequency: Weekly
    Start Date: Tuesday July 23rd (session 0)
    Voice using discord (Decent mic and push to talk required)
    Roleplay and Combat: Varies by session, preference of balance to be discussed session 0
    Players needed: 3-4 (have 1-2 already. Ideal group size is 5)
    Starting level and equipment: lvl 1 standard equipment, 27 points point buy for stats. Character creation can be done in advanced.
    Character restrictions: PHB+1 (other character idea’s need to be approved)
    Calendar:https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3511
    -------------------------

ABOUT THE DM
    I am new to FG moving over from another system. This is my DM’ing experience in many years. It is something that I enjoy immensely and am dedicated to. I take time to try and create a rich world for you to explore and develop your characters in.

PREMISE

The world of Nareede has known relative peace for the past two decades. Through the combined efforts of the major nation’s peace has been brokered, borders have been opened and times for most are prosperous. The more chaotic nations have become reclusive, closing their borders and keeping to themselves to not draw attention to their nefarious ideologies.
    That was until recently. Arcane storms and Divine tempests have become a regular occurrence where they were once rarely seen. People could go their whole life not experiencing one and now they can be expected every couple of months.
    These storms bring return of vile creatures, evil abominations, and extraplanar beings looking to capitalize on the chaos have made a return to the world. Many cities are unprepared.

[Classes/Races] All classes and races of the PHB. The world of Nareede is diverse should you wish to play a non standard race we can work on how it will fit in.

[The setting] This is a home brew world in the making. Players can contribute to the word and flesh it out. Did you just discover a long-lost temple that’s name has been lost to time? Give it a name and make it a permanent fixture. Want to come from a guild as part of your backstory? Name the guild if you like. The world is ours to sculpt collaboratively.

[RP] It is expected that players will maintain some semblance of maturity and work with the party within reason. Feel free to explore your character as we work in your background, have fun with it but work to create an inclusive scenario that we can all partake in.

ABOUT THE GAME AND APPLYING

Things to be cool with
    -Homebrew that may not be perfectly balanced. I am always willing to work with the players to work out any discrepancies.
    -A GM that prioritizes story and the rule of cool most of the time
    -Few guideposts. I will create the setting to get the party working together but after those initial interactions the world is yours. The "Master plot" will have hooks out, but it is up to the party to bite. Follow the hooks for as long as you like, set your own goals and diverge as you see fit. Want to learn about a thing? Figure it out. Want to locate that lost unnamed temple? Figure it out. Any thing is possible. Want to help the BBEG in the master plot instead of working against him? Go ask if he wants to be friends.
    -Intrigue, grit and gore. The world can be a dangerous and violent place that contains adult themes. The depth of these themes will be discussed during session 0.
    -Being a team. It is much easier on all of us if the players take cooperative approaches instead of being at odds and constantly diverging or just doing their own thing. Losing time about how to handle a situation or what to do next is no fun. Follow the leader, put in to a vote, put your collective heads together and work threw the situation amicably.

TO APPLY
    Read the instruction in the application carefully. You are welcome to respond to the thread or in a PM.
    Sessions will be every Tuesday at 7:00pm EST and run for roughly 3 hours.

Please answer the following questions to the best of your ability. If you are new to D&D that is perfectly fine if you are willing to learn and participate.

Preferred name (can be an alias or your character name):
    Time Zone:

- Tell me a bit about your role playing experience, provide one good experience and one bad experience you have had
    - Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPG’s or what you look forward to most when you play
    - Describe any type of character concept you have in mind
    - Have you had a poor GM? What did they do that made them a poor GM?
    - How do you/would you handle a disagreement with the GM regarding a ruling
    - What published D&D settings and modules are you well versed in, if any?

Thank you for your time and consideration. Should you have any questions feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by GodsProxy; November 3rd, 2019 at 13:05.

Preferred name (can be an alias or your character name): Kelain or James
    Time Zone: Central

- Tell me a bit about your role playing experience, provide one good experience and one bad experience you have had: I am new to DnD, having only played one game session before said game collapsed. Years ago I played Vampire the Masquerade and Shadowrun. The bad experience I've had would be the aforementioned DnD game collapsing. Good? Stopping the Horror invasion in a Shadowrun game. It was the very definition of close call and contained a large amount of roleplay.

- Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPG’s or what you look forward to most when you play: What I enjoy most about Tabletop RPG's is the creativity. No matter how open world video game rpgs may be you're still not really creating anything in them. You're playing someone elses story, not your own. It's different in table top games.

- Describe any type of character concept you have in mind: I want to play a wood elf ranger that left his home village to hunt down the Orc bandit that murdered his wife and daughter. Someone slow to trust others because of what the outside world brought into his life and has to learn to deal with the outright rage at the Orc and his crew.

- Have you had a poor GM? What did they do that made them a poor GM? I haven't really had a poor GM. The Gms I've had, while not all the same level of quality..none of them were bad.

- How do you/would you handle a disagreement with the GM regarding a ruling: I would politely and in private express my disagreement with the GM. But if the GM still decides different that is their right and job as GM.

- What published D&D settings and modules are you well versed in, if any? I have some knowledge of the Sword Coast setting from reading the source book but that is really it.

- Tell me a bit about your role playing experience, provide one good experience and one bad experience you have had.-anchant I started playing D&D when the first box set came out in 74, I got it in 76. Played 1, 2 , 3.5 and want to try 5th. Mostly DM-ed, rare was the times I actually got to run a character. This will be my first running in Fantasy Grounds and in 5e, so please be patient with me.. 1 good exp. - The Lich I that was DMing started battling the party at the top of his tower in the shape of a dragons head when the very powerful wizard in the party started to cast against him. He used his Slice spell to cut the top and bottom jaws off the dragon tower and watch in glee as the wizard plummeted to earth between the giant slabs. Of course we're talking about a wizard who survived 5 years of my DMing so he was ok.
    Describe any type of character concept you have in mind.- An albino High Elf ( let that sink in for a minute ). He does not appreciate the sunlight, he wears all black but worships the goddess of light. His family of Necromancers has placed a terrible cursed him. He is trying very hard to be social.
    How do you/would you handle a disagreement with the GM regarding a ruling.- I wouldn't, a ruling is just that, a ruling. I would however discuss it with him later if I still thought he was wrong.
    What published D&D settings and modules are you well versed in, if any?- I haven't gamed since 5e came out.
    I might not be able to make it to the first couple of games as I am taking classes after work on Tuesdays but only have about a month to go.
    Thanks, Paxx
    My character's name is Mot.
    Last edited by Paxx; July 16th, 2019 at 13:23. Reason: His name is MOT.

Preferred name (can be an alias or your character name): Troy
    Time Zone:EST

- Tell me a bit about your role playing experience, provide one good experience and one bad experience you have had:
    A good experience I had was when I was playing a quiet furbolg Druid who would communicate with Druid craft. He ended up sacrificing him self to stop a mega eruption that would case a volcanic winter for hundreds of years. Covered in in stone as the magma poured over him he created a flower in his hand and it set as the eruption was halted. One of the best times I had.
    A bad experience I had was playing with some “ closet racists” that would make their character be racist in some form to get that feeling of power over someone. Didn’t like one bit.
    - Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPG’s or what you look forward to most when you play
    I enjoy the moment of the things that are happening, weather it be laughing, crying, showing off or just trying to not get killed by the dm.
    I was looking in to being a home brew dwarf chef class if you allow so, the kind always looking for better ingredients by exploring the far reaches of the world for the finest cuisine. If not I could also be a cleric for support and a fighter for the front.
    Here is the link for the chef home brew if interested
    https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/Hkby63LBq-
    I never really had a poor GM but I had a rather slow to get the move on GM. He was great at telling us about his stories and such but come to combat he always seemed to have too many monsters to handle at a time and really disengaged me to a point. Not that I don’t like lists of opponents but it seemed to much for his plate.
    My rule for this would always respect what the GM has planned and his set rule of thumb.I will only bring up something if I felt it was waaaay to overboard haha. I think it’s fun to see what the DM comes up with as rules for the game, just not too many.
    Most of my stuff is home brew so far, no modules, a Skyrim pathfinder game one but other than that all home brew.
    Last edited by TroyTheTrojan; July 12th, 2019 at 08:50. Reason: Added homebrew link

Player application

Preferred name (can be an alias or your character name): John (Daleel)

Time Zone: EST

- Tell me a bit about your role playing experience, provide one good experience and one bad experience you have had.

My least favorite experience was when I was last on Roll20, and the group was very hit and miss about showing up on time, hence my dislike of the last campaign I was in. Group got along well but timing and missing players hindered the game. My favorite group was one we had in Korea while stationed there in the USAF. Played every Sat night for a year straight with the same 4 guys and DM using 2E. Almost every one turned into a mega 12 hour long session, with a large part of the year spent in Undermountain.

- Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPG’s or what you look forward to most when you play:

A good balance of roleplay as well as combat encounters. Not solely a hack and slash sort of guy and I like a group that can play well together and help each other through tough spots. I enjoy hard encounters, those that cause the party difficulty and force them to cooperate to get through them

My character concept is a street urchin based Rogue that is very nimble and adapts well to life on the street. She is N alignment and wary of everyone due to her life on the street, but tends towards good unless cornered or scared. The intent is that she will eventually start showing signs of powers she doesn't understand, potentially having her multiclass as a sorcerer of wild magic as her powers make themselves known. I think the concept would be pretty cool to play, with bouts of magic happening at inopportune times like when she is mad or scared. I'd like to have her as once a slave on a pirate ship that was beaten and poorly treated while on board, but learned a great deal. She was washed overboard in a freakish storm but somehow survived the ordeal. She has since been on her own, but her time on the ship has made her the Swashbuckler archetype, adept at using a short sword and dagger. As her powers manifest she will eventually learn to harness her wild magic and use it to protect herself and others she trusts.

No. All of my GM's thus far have been very good.

Play based on the ruling as it sits and discuss offline if I feel the ruling is incorrect, so that future rulings are in line with RAW or adjusted to fit the campaign.

I played a LOT of 2e, and picked up 5E during playtesting, and have been playing it off and on since then. Familiar will all the modules and some of the AL modules, mostly Forgotten Realms and Eberron, but in the past Grewhawk, FR, Planescape, Dark Sun also got played. Working on a solo character to play through the TotYP book to see how a solo character could do for those times when I need a fix playing but not on the normal night.

Please consider my application. FYI, I'm a a retired USAF guy, work in the engineering field, have 3 kids with only one still at home, 3 grandkids, and a genuinely decent dude that enjoys a good company of like minded individuals. I look forward to hearing from you.

John
    Last edited by Johnndeanna; July 12th, 2019 at 20:25.

Name: Lorimere
    Time Zone: East coast

Starting playing with AD&D
    Best experience was just starting and everything creature and monster being new. The unknown I guess. Worst experience was a low level party getting wiped by a failed trap check and a series of horrible roles byy everyone. Was horrible but kind of funny at the same time.

Character. Probably would like to play a elven or dwarf fighter or cleric. Whichever the party needs. I like being a in your face front line character.

Never had a horrible DM. Just some that were better than others. But have to thank all of them for taking their time to run a game.

DM disagreement? It's their world and their rules. So they have final say.

Published D&d. Played some waterdeep stuff but mostly all home brewed games.

Thanks for your consideration.

Lorimere

If you still have opening for me,
    Preferred name (can be an alias or your character name): WLV or Vir.
    Time Zone: CST

- Tell me a bit about your role playing experience, provide one good experience and one bad experience you have had:
    Good- there is so many. Many of them is making up a creative solution, excellent teamwork, or/and hilarious moment. If I had to choose one, it would be recently where my team interrogating a Tiamat cultist because we were all able to RP and use our skills fully.
    Bad- I have not many of them, but it would be adventure league game where the gm choose to not allow lighting spell electrify the water yet allow my fire breath work normally into water. I dislike it for not allowing creative solution based on reality.
    I love creative game play, combat, and the funny/weird moments. You can play the same module, but with different players and gm result in completely different game and paths you take.
    I have many to choose from and play what work for the current team. However, here a list bugbear barbarian who grew up in a pelor temple, Lizardfolk Druid, hill dwarf warpriest, Kenku ranger (UA), and Tabaxi monk.
    Yes, but that because he choose to follow the module and adventure league too closely to where a lot of creative solution could not be used and rewards were pointless. He chooses rules over fun.
    Give my thought and understanding on the rule, and then accept his ruling.
    Mine of phandler as I played it twice. And setting, any of them completely no. However forgotten realms and sword coast, I know a good chunk. I know some of the gods, but their exact rules not so much. Now dragons especially dragonborn, I am more well-versed.

Preferred name (can be an alias or your character name): Sgt. Rock or character name is fine

Time Zone: CST (UTC-6)

- Tell me a bit about your role playing experience, provide one good experience and one bad experience you have had
    I played a bit of AD&D in the late 80s and got back into it in 2016 with 5e. I played Lost Mines of Phandelver with friends locally for a year then I started to DM when we finished. I've been running Tyranny of Dragons weekly on and off since 2017 with the same group of friends. Now I'm looking to play to offset being the GM all the time.

I have not had a bad experience I can think of, it's all been good for me so for.

I like roleplay, exploration and combat equally. I enjoy working with the mechanics of the game and immersing into character during roleplay. I enjoy a classic game of heroes vs villains.

I would like to play a Halfling Rogue, Dwarf Barbarian, Wood Elf Monk or perhaps a Druid or Cleric depending on party make up. I think a balanced party is important.

I've only played with 2 other GMs before and they were both great

Typically GM ruling wins. I'm ok with that, no big deal. But if it bothered me, I would probably ask to briefly discuss it with GM out of game afterwards or at another time.

Lost Mines of Phandelver, Tyranny of Dragons, D&D AL CCCSRC01-01, 02, 03

Thanks for your consideration.

im interested if there is still room, gonna send you a pm

Hi, I'm really hoping this isn't closed yet as this sounds like a perfect fit. I'm pretty familiar with FG and can definitely help with those who are newer to the software. I'm in IT and am very skilled at walking people through using new technology.

Preferred name: DJ (player name!)
    Time Zone: EST (Boston area)

1. Tell me a bit about your role playing experience: I'm 32 and have been playing since I was 14 with a hiatus from ages 18 - 24. I'm mostly a player but have stepped up as a DM a few times. I like a balance between the concept of my character and the numbers behind them. I started with D&D 3.5e, played 4e and a little AD&D but 5e is my favorite edition to date. I've also played many other systems, such as Traveler, Savage Worlds, L5R, Burning Wheel, Harn, Mutants and Masterminds...and I'm sure a couple others. I regularly play with a couple of my cousins who I've grown quite close to thanks to RPGs. We also play with a few friends that we met through an LFG site that I've now been playing with for over 6 years. These games helped me forge quite a bond with these people and I've even been to a wedding for two of these friends.

2. provide one good experience and one bad experience you have had: There are so many amazing good experiences. One of my most memorable moments was when I made an obnoxious, braggadocios, drunken sailor who arrived in the port on a ship - a ship which hired him as help. After running around the large port city with my new-found companions acting like a fool I made a promise to help give them passage to our destination, but when I returned to the harbor the ship had left without me. They left a message with the harbormaster that essentially said, "please don't look for us". It was something the DM came up with on the fly that has stuck with me as one of the funniest moments in my RP career. As far as bad experiences, besides the usual stuff when I was a teenager (railroading or negative DM experiences) there's really only one that sticks out in my adult life. It involved a friend of mine who was brand new to the game and did some extremely inappropriate things to a family of NPCs. Suffice to say the game fell apart and I haven't spoken to that person in years. I can tell the full story when we get to know each other.

3. Describe what you enjoy most about Tabletop RPG’s or what you look forward to most when you play: This is tough to put into words. The sheer creativity of shared storytelling is powerful. I play a lot of video games, but nothing has the feeling of real consequences and reactions that a good tabletop RPG can provide. On an individual level I enjoy creating interesting characters who have faults. This gives me an opportunity to develop and grow a character that feels organic. I tend to do accents or just slight voice changes to breathe life into my characters (nothing too crazy, just something to help me slip into their skin).

4. Describe any type of character concept you have in mind: I would really love to play a scholar or lore-obsessed character. A kind of chronicler, the type of person who always has a quill, bottle of ink, and parchment nearby. I had an idea recently for a character who finds tomes and makes copies of them to disperse the knowledge around the world. They might ask to borrow books from collections on the promise that they will make multiple copies and give the original back, as well as provide new books for said collection. All while chronicling their own adventure in the hopes they will be saved in a collection some day as well. This works especially well in a homebrew setting where it gives me opportunities to learn about your world.

5. Have you had a poor GM? What did they do that made them a poor GM?: Not in many years. I've had GMs of varying skill, but I think most people are doing their best to create interesting stories for themselves and their players. Having GMed myself I know it's a lot of work and I try my best to respect that. When I was younger I had a HORRIBLE GM who railroaded us, treated us like the enemy of his campaign, and took out his IRL attitude towards players on their characters. I haven't seen that in my adult life, I generally have a great relationship with those I've played with.

6. How do you/would you handle a disagreement with the GM regarding a ruling: I may give my dissenting opinion during a game, but this is a very simple thing. The GM has the final say. Even when I've disagreed with a call I've never taken more than a moment to voice an opinion, and if they still disagree then so be it. If it's something REALLY important then we can discuss it after the game ends because flow and narrative trump RAW IMO. I can't think of a time where I've ever felt the need to do this, though.

7. What published D&D settings and modules are you well versed in, if any?: I've recently started looking at some of this stuff because I may be DMing a game for some friends and family in the near future. I'm really only familiar with Forgotten Realms and specifically with The Sunless Citadel adventure from the Yawning Portal book. I'm very vaguely familiar with some of the general story beats behind Tomb of Annihilation, Storm King's Thunder, Phandelver, and Dungeon of the Mad Mage. I don't know enough to spoil any fun, but even if I recognize something in your game I would never act on it because cheating at D&D is probably the most ridiculous concept I can imagine. It would sort of be like cheating at solitaire...what's the point of playing, then?

Thanks for the consideration,
    DJ

P.S. my birthday is on the 24th, so this would be a great gift!

Thread Information