DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Ah ok. I'll keep an eye out for later updates then.

Hi, love the current implementation of the starships, but I have found a few things that seem like they should work, but (at least) I cannot figure out how to get them to work:

1. Dragging items into the cargo hold. Neither the myself (GM) nor the players can get this to work.
    2. Players adding items into the hold
    3. Players editing notes. If this is an ownership thing, I cannot see any way to give ownership of the item to the players.

Other things that would be really awesome:
    1. Allowing linking to an image/map of the ship right from the screen
    2. Double clicking from the party screen on the ship to popup the ship window.

Thanks for all your hard work!!

I've talked to some of the Devs and the Starship sheet will need to be redone once Smiteworks decides to assign the task to a new developer. The original dev did not do a very good job so they need to redo from scratch.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

We currently have a community dev supporting Starfinder. It just may take some time for those improvements to make it into the ruleset.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    We currently have a community dev supporting Starfinder. It just may take some time for those improvements to make it into the ruleset.
    It's good to know someone is actively developing the Starfinder ruleset for FGs!!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Yes, Im still doing the work on the rule set, Its just been a little slow. COVID 19 has made things kinda crazy around here and has interupted, my schedule but Im still going to being around.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Here are my latest bugs for Starship-based stuff.

No need to respond to this post, unless you want to - I haven't checked if any of these are already reported.

Let me just say first up that I do like how the ship has been incorporated into the CT. Other than a link or two directly to the Party Sheet - Ship section + Ship Sheet, and options for window docking (with multiple tabs in a window) - FGU design issue, at this stage I don't want for anything other than bug fixes. Well done Russell and other devs.

The issues found during today's play session in FGU:

Ship Combat Tracker
    - SD tooltip should be Shield Damage, not Wounds

Starship combat
    not calculating/incorporating distance in attack roll or any rolls dependent on distance
    not including ship's Gunnery bonus in attack rolls

Party Sheet -> Ship Tab: ALL Skills for PCs are not indicating correct DCs

Not sure if this is the right section so I will add it here and into the Starfinder bug report; Starship Space Map indicates feet not hexes in Against the Aeon Throne - The Reach of Empire (first ship encounter). It would be nice if distance was indicated by line from hex centre to hex centre.

Hope this helps.

Using FGU 2020-04-17 with Starfinder CRB and Dead Suns AP3.

I'm trying to use the engineer's divert action to increase shields and can't seem to figure out how to use. While clicking the ? icon next to the divert action to see if that helps, I get a popup that mentions I don't have the Character Ops Manual module loaded. I don't own that one. I think there's a bug in the internal link.

Also, is the divert action supposed to have extra popups? I don't see any way of adjusting shield values from the player's view even if I'm successful in my role. If I have to do it from the GM side, I'll do it for now, but I was expecting more automation to help the players out.

starship error 1.png

Dunno about the (?) link, but there's a lot of automation that hasn't been implemented yet. Last night running Starfinder our group just clicked the d20 for the Divert DC and then manually raised the shield points by 5% of the ship's PCU. Ship combat may be a bit rough right now (partially due to it being an awkward sub-system in the core rules), but it's improved quite a bit from what we had.

The actions themselves have no automation. Unless you are doing a check or attack. The ? links to the reference manual for the action in case you had questions or needed further information. You will have to do some manual changes like if you were at the table. In your example, the changing of the shields for divert action. This is a base system to allow the ability to have functional combat.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information