Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Starship Combat System Official Bugs

Been looking into Starfinder and thinking about how to represent starship combat

Been toying with this setup....

Alot has to been doing manually (maybe able to put effects upon the actions to apply? still messing about) but this setup may help keep track?
    see attachments

Opinions?

SF Setup.png
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Question .. Alot of the DCs for those actions are based on the players skills and the ships tier ect. Will there be a place to enter all of that for each role?

Also, how do you see ships damage/weapon tracking ect happening?

Quote Originally Posted by msbranin View Post
    Also, how do you see ships damage/weapon tracking ect happening?
    The ships would have to have a NPC dummy in the CT with Hits etc but still the current CT just isnt built for this.
    Last edited by Willot; July 12th, 2019 at 00:01.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by msbranin View Post
    Question .. Alot of the DCs for those actions are based on the players skills and the ships tier ect. Will there be a place to enter all of that for each role?
    Yes, a problem there isn't really a way for doing this. You can have the resultant effects ready to be placed on the player (players would have to be in combat tracker too but this is ok).
    However the ONLY way I can see that ship combat can be done right is to have an entire NEW and separate combat tracker written to run congruently with the original one.

This method is more of a way for the DM/Players to keep track easier

This may happen once FG unity comes out

PS It occurs to me you could use the party sheet to determine outcomes but still would have to be manually put in
    Last edited by Willot; July 12th, 2019 at 00:19.

Hey Willot ,

Looks like you put a lot of time into that ,, looks great ..

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

Even if what you have created had a spot for us to self enter the DCs for each action in advance of the combat Most players know in advance what stations their players will be in. We can fill in the DCs based on their ships tiers or their ranks in a set skill. Maybe have a small version of the starship sheet with this stuff and the vitals filled in so we can track vitals on it and not in the tracker itself. Kinda like a small version of the PC sheet that we can drag attacks from to the chat window and we can track lose of shields hull points ect.
    Last edited by msbranin; July 12th, 2019 at 18:55.

I am currentally working on the starship combat system.
    My concept is to add a Ship combat tab on the PC character sheet, this will be used for the Ship Roles Actions, I think that would make tying them to PC skills and such easier.
    As far as the actual CT its possable to use the same CT and adjust the NPC display to the NPC ship setup.
    I did this with the Naval Combat ext for Pathfinder.

With this I believe the shipsheet would be used only for design and record keeping. As the actual combat would be from PC sheets. Im working on the actual PC ship to get the bug worked out of it, then I can work on combat.
    Combat order would consist of running thru the turns as it does now but add the Phases at the top and the turn counter would only increase one after the last actor on tbe last phase.
    PC ship would be in there for targeting and status control. Hp Sp Speed ect.....

This is whats running thru my mind.

Samarex
    Last edited by Samarex; July 14th, 2019 at 13:43.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    I am currentally working on the starship combat system.
    My concept is to add a Ship combat tab on the PC character sheet, this will be used for the Ship Roles Actions, I think that would make tying them to PC skills and such easier.
    As far as the actual CT its possable to use the same CT and adjust the NPC display to the NPC ship setup.
    I did this with the Naval Combat ext for Pathfinder.

With this I believe the shipsheet would be used only for design and record keeping. As the actual combat would be from PC sheets. Im working on the actual PC ship to get the bug worked out of it, then I can work on combat.
    Combat order would consist of running thru the turns as it does now but add the Phases at the top and the turn counter would only increase one after the last actor on tbe last phase.
    PC ship would be in there for targeting and status control. Hp Sp Speed ect.....

This is whats running thru my mind.

Samarex
    That is actually a very good idea .I am doing something similar for a computer run tracker for table top. Once the ship and pc/npc are entered they can be added to any combination of ships and sent out on combat patrol ..each ship/ pc/load out/weapons etc. are encapsulated in individual small dialogs which keeps track of targeting, and distance etc. from each other. Once combat begins only the info for that phase is available on the ship/pc dialog.. ex. during gunner phase only the gunner systems are shown etc.. combat can be run in full automatic, semi automatic, and manual ( rolls entered manually etc...) In full automatic alls you have to do is move ,set the target , target distance and arc press a button and its done.. hope to have this done in a month.. 2 at the most.

But your idea is a good one and probably best as you can use the existing CT ..So in your tab maybe all you have to do is drag the ship they all use into each players tab and select a role choice on that tab. But each PC tab would have to communicate with each other pc tab for targeting, distancing, and damage keeping.. to keep each tab the same . NPC may have to have different approach IDK.. but good job ..

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

Working on the Starship Combat. (Getting things put in place.)
    Think I almost got Combat order tracking figured out.
    See image
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Thread Information