DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    Re-posting in this thread for Starship specific bugs:

My players and I have run into an issue with adding Drift Engines to ship frames. The issue appears to be with the maximum allowed Frame Size for each engine.

An example would be adding a Signal Booster drift engine to a Small Frame ship. FG won't allow you to do this and will throw up; WARNING: adding 'Signal Booster' to 'SHIP NAME' - starship size is not supported.
    The Signal Booster engine should be allowed to be mounted on any frame size below Gargantuan (Tiny-Huge).

We tested further and found that you can mount a Signal Ultra drift engine to ship frames above Medium; which shouldn't work.

Hate to ask, but how is starship combat coming?

Soon™
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Any chance we will see Starship Combat in the very near future? Got some space combat coming up for my stream...but might stall the players a bit if it's coming relatively soon!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkGalaxiesGaming View Post
    Any chance we will see Starship Combat in the very near future? Got some space combat coming up for my stream...but might stall the players a bit if it's coming relatively soon!
    Not real soon, but it is being worked.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Edit: Wrong section.
    Last edited by Marswipp; October 19th, 2019 at 18:40.
    You can find me on Steam and Discord.

Could we get instructions for using this new extension.. i am not seeing how my players use weapons or other rolls on the Starship combat tracker.. or is there somewhere else they should be looking?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodright View Post
    Could we get instructions for using this new extension.. i am not seeing how my players use weapons or other rolls on the Starship combat tracker.. or is there somewhere else they should be looking?
    The extension is no longer required. It has been incorprated into 2.0.0
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodright View Post
    As Samarex has pointed out, the ship combat related code is now integrated into the main code. It's now part of the ruleset.

Instructions
    To start, you create your PC ship from the PC ship sidebar.

Step 1.PNG

Once the ship is completed and ready, you then drag the link from the list of available PC Ships to the Partysheet.

Step 2.PNG

This will now make it available for PCs to be added to roles on the ship.

Once assigned, the last tab on the character sheet will show what ships that character is assigned to. Select the actions button to display the available actions for that role on that ship. There are two frames, the actions and weapons. They can click on the roll button to roll for the action they are wishing to roll or in the case of weapon attacks choose the weapon and then click the roll.

Step 3.PNG

The ship combat tracker can be accessed by clicking the ship icon in the combat tracker. This will allow you to drag Starships (NPC ships) and PC Ships to keep track during combat. Same for player's as well. NPC ships will have their attacks and crew actions in the combat tracker for easy availability for dice rolling and performing combat. The players will do their combat and actions from their character sheet. If you are taking actions for NPC members of the crew, you will need to make PC records for them to be added to the ship. But for ease you can open the PC ship and perform their actions from there. Also, combat will require the DM/GM to apply damage to the correct arc the ship is receiving the damage. This will show on the ship on the combat tracker for you to apply. Use the cycler to the arc the damage is being received and then click apply. Ship modifiers, and crit damage is also tracked automatically, but can be removed by the DM/GM on the defense toggle on the ship combat tracker.

Step 4.PNG

From here the rest will be normal actions you would normally take with actors from the regular combat tracker such as drag n dropping attacks and damage.

This is a bit rushed, but hopefully it explains the process and features available with this new addition. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    As Samarex has pointed out, the ship combat related code is now integrated into the main code. It's now part of the ruleset.

Instructions
    To start, you create your PC ship from the PC ship sidebar.

Step 1.PNG

Once the ship is completed and ready, you then drag the link from the list of available PC Ships to the Partysheet.

Step 2.PNG

This will now make it available for PCs to be added to roles on the ship.

Once assigned, the last tab on the character sheet will show what ships that character is assigned to. Select the actions button to display the available actions for that role on that ship. There are two frames, the actions and weapons. They can click on the roll button to roll for the action they are wishing to roll or in the case of weapon attacks choose the weapon and then click the roll.

Step 3.PNG

The ship combat tracker can be accessed by clicking the ship icon in the combat tracker. This will allow you to drag Starships (NPC ships) and PC Ships to keep track during combat. Same for player's as well. NPC ships will have their attacks and crew actions in the combat tracker for easy availability for dice rolling and performing combat. The players will do their combat and actions from their character sheet. If you are taking actions for NPC members of the crew, you will need to make PC records for them to be added to the ship. But for ease you can open the PC ship and perform their actions from there. Also, combat will require the DM/GM to apply damage to the correct arc the ship is receiving the damage. This will show on the ship on the combat tracker for you to apply. Use the cycler to the arc the damage is being received and then click apply. Ship modifiers, and crit damage is also tracked automatically, but can be removed by the DM/GM on the defense toggle on the ship combat tracker.

Step 4.PNG

From here the rest will be normal actions you would normally take with actors from the regular combat tracker such as drag n dropping attacks and damage.

This is a bit rushed, but hopefully it explains the process and features available with this new addition. Let us know if you have any further questions.
    Thank you very much! That was exactly what we needed. next question and hopefully final.. How did you add the mount point to the Sunrise maiden? i am not seeing how it is done to add the Flak Thrower.
    Last edited by Bloodright; January 29th, 2020 at 17:34.

Thread Information