STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    In my game everyone stumbled around for about 10 rounds rolling initiative manually using the modifiers for wepon speed, casting time etc.... In addition to that, I have initiative order hidden so I ask players to roll their initiatives in the tower. We're all pretty fluent now after only a few combats. The DM IMO has it the worst with every NPC needing to be adjusted for not their size modifier but the weapon or spell speed. Even that you can get pretty fluent pretty quickly I found. I believe there might be a QoL adjustment coming in the future to this.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I find the value added to the Ini Modifier under Combat >> Main tab works for individual rolls but not for example when passing a round in the CT, Is there anyway to add an Ini modifier that would be used when all combatants Initiatives get re rolled? I've been able to turn off the weapon speed and size Ini modifiers but I would prefer to leave them alone and add a generic value to the PC's initiative so NPC's are not at such a disadvantage. I added values to the Dex reaction adjustment but it made no difference. Thanks for your responses ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Roughouse View Post
    I find the value added to the Ini Modifier under Combat >> Main tab works for individual rolls but not for example when passing a round in the CT
    Not sure how you're doing it but when I tested normal round cycling and manual bulk group initiative it works.

I have 1 PC and an NPC (orc) with a 100 initiative modifier.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thanks celestian. Your graphic proof left me without doubt that the problem was my doing ;-) I must have corrupted something with my tinkering because installing a fresh copy of the 2E.pak solved the issue. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Roughouse View Post
    Thanks celestian. Your graphic proof left me without doubt that the problem was my doing ;-) I must have corrupted something with my tinkering because installing a fresh copy of the 2E.pak solved the issue. Cheers.
    If you're working with local copy of the ruleset, this was fixed a few weeks back is why it wasn't working.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information