5E Character Create Playlist
Page 5 of 10 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by roninkelt View Post
    I'm having trouble getting the extension to work consistently. For the last week or so, I've had to restart FGC to get tables to show up.

Tried doing a bit of debugging by turning off all other extensions with no change in behavior. Not seeing any output to the console so is difficult to go any farther. Any suggestions?
    The key to getting the tables to import consistently is to ensure that the window being imported into is the most recently opened window.

In general, the process is
    1. Open the CSV Importer window
    2. Open the window where you want to input text and put in the #table#
    3. Go to your CSV file, copy all of the contents
    4. Return to FG
    5. Close and then Reopen the window where you want to import the data
    6. click the import button on the CSV importer window.

I know it seems a bit weird, but it is important to close and reopen the target window just before clicking the import button on the CSV importer window. This is the only way that the extension knows which window to target for the import.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

ah, important steps I didn't know about. Will follow your procedure and let you know how it goes. Thank you.

Is it possible to import multiple tables for random encounters that references creatures from the SRD?

So like parent table
    1 = 1d2 Orcs (child table)
    2 = 1d3 Goblins (child table)
    3 = 1d4 Kobolds (child table)

Even if I can't do the parent table being able to do multiple tables from a csv file would be lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Coveny View Post
    Is it possible to import multiple tables for random encounters that references creatures from the SRD?

So like parent table
    1 = 1d2 Orcs (child table)
    2 = 1d3 Goblins (child table)
    3 = 1d4 Kobolds (child table)

Even if I can't do the parent table being able to do multiple tables from a csv file would be lovely.
    No importing multiple tables from a single CSV file is not possible. there is no provision in the CSV file format standard that would allow the definition of multiple tables that way.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I think you'd have to create the child tables first, then the parent table and drop the children into the parent to get proper linking.

Now having trouble importing rollable tables. Same difficulty as before, except I'm following the steps above as applicable. Is there some trick to doing this?

Getting the following messages in the console:

Runtime Notice: s'Opening window table with path tables.id-00001'
    Runtime Notice: s'Opening window masterindex with path tables'
    Runtime Notice: s'Window has closed'
    Runtime Notice: s'Window has opened'
    Runtime Notice: s'Couldn't get the node for the window.'
    Runtime Notice: s'NodePath:tables.id-00001'
    Runtime Notice: s'Class:table'
    Script Error: [string "scripts/CSVTablePaster.lua"]:295: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'startp' (a nil value)

I'm not seeing this. My general process is to:

1. Open the CSV Importer Window
    2. Open the Table records window.
    3. Copy the CSV data
    4. In the Table Records window, click on the green + to create a new rollable table
    5. click the Convert Clipboard button.

That correctly creates a table with my test CSV files. If you are still having trouble, could you try posting a copy of a CSV file and I'll take a look at it.

No dice, I'm completely unable to paste a rollable table. I've turned off all other extensions, but that hasn't made any difference.

error messages in the console

Runtime Notice: s'NodePath:tables.id-00002'
    Script Error: [string "scripts/CSVTablePaster.lua"]:295: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'startp' (a nil value)

Here is some sample data that I'm trying to paste:

Achievement,"To overcome obstacles and succeed; to become the best"
    Acquisition,"To obtain possessions/wealth"
    Adoration,"To be cherished, admired, and wanted by others"
    Balance/Peace,To bring all things into harmony and equilibrium
    Beneficence,"To protect the helpless, heal the sick, feed the hungry, etc."
    Chaos,"To disrupt, to cause confusion and discord"
    Competition,"To seek out or create rule,based win/lose scenarios; to defeat others in
    contests"
    Conflict,"To seek out or create rivalry, fighting, or animosity"
    Conquest,"To conquer other peoples, to bring them into one’s own culture/rule"
    Corruption,"To despoil, ruin, humiliate, or make depraved"
    Creation,"To build or make new, such as art, culture, invention, design,etc."
    Destruction,"To annihilate, exterminate, and unmake"
    Discovery/Adventure,"To explore, uncover mysteries, and pioneer"

Quote Originally Posted by roninkelt View Post
    No dice, I'm completely unable to paste a rollable table. I've turned off all other extensions, but that hasn't made any difference.

error messages in the console

Runtime Notice: s'NodePath:tables.id-00002'

Here is some sample data that I'm trying to paste:

Achievement,"To overcome obstacles and succeed; to become the best"
    Acquisition,"To obtain possessions/wealth"
    Adoration,"To be cherished, admired, and wanted by others"
    Balance/Peace,To bring all things into harmony and equilibrium
    Beneficence,"To protect the helpless, heal the sick, feed the hungry, etc."
    Chaos,"To disrupt, to cause confusion and discord"
    Competition,"To seek out or create rule,based win/lose scenarios; to defeat others in
    contests"
    Conflict,"To seek out or create rivalry, fighting, or animosity"
    Conquest,"To conquer other peoples, to bring them into one’s own culture/rule"
    Corruption,"To despoil, ruin, humiliate, or make depraved"
    Creation,"To build or make new, such as art, culture, invention, design,etc."
    Destruction,"To annihilate, exterminate, and unmake"
    Discovery/Adventure,"To explore, uncover mysteries, and pioneer"
    I am still unable recreate the error. when I import using your text it works fine on my machine. For now, I would recommend using the new table importer that is built in to FG. It handles CSV text just fine and largely replaces this extension (for rollable tables). I will take a look, but I may go ahead and retire this extension since the functionality is now built in.

For debugging purposes:
    What client are you using (classic/unity?)
    What ruleset?
    What version of the extension? It will show in the chat on startup, current version is 1.6.
    Last edited by mattekure; November 18th, 2020 at 19:24.

I didn't realize there was a built in csv import capability. Will have to dig into that.

For debugging - I'm using FG Classic in the 5e ruleset and the version of the extension is reported as CoreRPG - CSV Table Importer MK 1.6

Thread Information