5E Character Create Playlist
Page 7 of 10 First ... 56789 ... Last
    I'm getting this error

[6/23/2021 11:29:17 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "mkcsv_button_convert"]:3: ERROR: Invalid CSV field - near character 98 in this line of the CSV file:
    The Altar of Mother Night,Mountain,2,"A shadar-kai exile prays to Shar, the goddess of darkness."

when trying to import the following csv

Encounter,Category,Tier,Description
    The Altar of Mother Night,Mountain,2,"A shadar-kai exile prays to Shar, the goddess of darkness."
    The Brass Adventists,Character,1-3,"A selfish adventuring party seeks gold, glory, and power in the Arctic."
    The Creeping Igloo,Character,2,"The magical, mobile lair of a bheur hag is a dire sign for the Arctic."
    The Crystalline Tavern,Tundra/Urban,1,"The Crystalline Tavern offers warmth, news, and insight to the Arctic."
    Deadliest Catch,Sea,1-3,"Crabbers have fished up something far, far above their paygrade."
    The Fortress of Solitude,Polar,3,"A bitter aasimar hero broods in his fortress, awaiting the world's end."
    The Glacial Garden,Mountain,2,"A medusa haunts a mountain pass, turning victims to ice."

Character 98 is after the last double quote of that line. I can only assume that it's having trouble ending the line for some reason.
    Please help.

Tables can be inported directly into FG now; so I don't think this extension is still needed, And using it will likely conflict with the code in the client.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by roninkelt View Post
    I'm getting this error

[6/23/2021 11:29:17 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "mkcsv_button_convert"]:3: ERROR: Invalid CSV field - near character 98 in this line of the CSV file:

The Brass Adventists,Character,1-3,"A selfish adventuring party seeks gold, glory, and power in the Arctic."
    The Creeping Igloo,Character,2,"The magical, mobile lair of a bheur hag is a dire sign for the Arctic."
    The Crystalline Tavern,Tundra/Urban,1,"The Crystalline Tavern offers warmth, news, and insight to the Arctic."
    Deadliest Catch,Sea,1-3,"Crabbers have fished up something far, far above their paygrade."
    The Fortress of Solitude,Polar,3,"A bitter aasimar hero broods in his fortress, awaiting the world's end."
    The Glacial Garden,Mountain,2,"A medusa haunts a mountain pass, turning victims to ice."

Character 98 is after the last double quote of that line. I can only assume that it's having trouble ending the line for some reason.
    Please help.
    I see what you mean about the error. Oddly it gets two lines just fine, but when you go to 3 lines it fails. This is new behavior as I have used this to import hundreds of lines in a table previously. I may need to refactor the code, FGU has some new API functions available to it that may make it much easier to use

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Tables can be inported directly into FG now; so I don't think this extension is still needed, And using it will likely conflict with the code in the client.
    FG only has built in table import for Rollable tables. It does not yet have built in CSV import for tables in formatted text fields. So this extension is still useful for those.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by roninkelt View Post
    I'm getting this error

Please help.
    v1.7 was uploaded with a fix for this.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

thanks for such a prompt reply.

That worked perfectly.

Re: the FG table import, as mattekure said it's good for rollable tables but doesn't do text tables in story entries, which is what I was doing here and will need to do many times in my current project. The FG table import is highly useful, but doesn't cover my current use case.
    Last edited by roninkelt; June 24th, 2021 at 17:11.

Just a heads up. This doesn't work with the current test version of FGU. The hammer icon isn't present.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Just a heads up. This doesn't work with the current test version of FGU. The hammer icon isn't present.
    thanks, I'll take a look

LOL, the function I was using to register the button now consists of one line saying "Debug.console("DesktopManager.registerStackShortc uts - DEPRECATED - 2021-10-15");"

I'll switch over to the new function
    Last edited by mattekure; November 15th, 2021 at 15:55.

Ok, I pushed a build to test that should fix it. Also fixed an issue with it not showing up in 2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    thanks, I'll take a look

LOL, the function I was using to register the button now consists of one line saying "Debug.console("DesktopManager.registerStackShortc uts - DEPRECATED - 2021-10-15");"

I'll switch over to the new function
    hehe

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Ok, I pushed a build to test that should fix it. Also fixed an issue with it not showing up in 2e
    Perfect button now present and correct.

Thread Information