STAR TREK 2d20

Status color on the map

I do not know if it is here that put on my doubt, also do not know if they already asked and also I do not know if I could change it.
    My question is in question to the grids, I noticed that when the grid is square appears a color that is the same of the status of the combat tracker and when this grid is changed to hexagono this "aura" disappears

Blog Entries
    Do you mean the reach of a token? Can you show us a screen shot of what you mean?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The aura is the reach of the token. Such is not a thing on a hex grid.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Of course I can show screenshots but I think it's the range of the token

Attachment 27856 Attachment 27857

Now a curiosity, does this exist because of complicated calculations that imply impossibility or because it is unnecessary?

I don’t know but hex maps are usually only used for overland maps which measure distances in miles so a 5 foot reach is immaterial. Not to sure that FG handles hex maps terribly well anyway.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I was curious about this because GURPS uses hexagons and more so if someone could tell if there is any way to handle it.

The addUnderlay API only mentions squares: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdo...cp#addUnderlay
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Underlays do not work for hex grids.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the help Zacchaeus, Trenloe and Moon Wizard.

Thread Information