5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last

Version 2.0 update: Pixies... er, pixels

Some sheets are finally getting pretty much ready, so I can finally show you guys a bit of what the next version will be like on the user interface side of things. As usual for work in progress, some things might change before everything is ready.

Without any more banter, on to the images... my apologies for the bad compression on some of the images, had to turn the quality down a bit to avoid a massive post.

This one is a basic view of the character sheet main page. You can see we've broken up the character sheet into more pages to contain all the necessary information.

The combat page contains information on AC, saves and such that are just summarized on the first page. You have some extra fields, and the weapon list is dynamic and scrollable. Note that you can now create hot keys for real dice rolls, so you could grab a full attack (the field with the 1 and the die, this poor guy is just level 3) or the damage field and get direct access to the relevant roll.

Here you see the spells page in what we call preparation mode. The cleric list uses memorization (you toggle that by clicking on the book/star icon), and the sorcerer list uses spontaneous casting. Memorizing casters set up their slots in this mode. You can collapse class and level sections by clicking on the headers (the cleric level 1 section has been collapsed here).

Here's the spell sheet in casting mode. You can't change the numbers of prepared spells, rather you have a simplified view of what you have available. Spontaneous casters have a view of the total number of spells they've cast per level, and what they still have available.

Click for full size image

Here you have the combat tracker with 2 NPCs and a PC, and the corresponding tokens placed on the map. The CT has four sections, the overview (containing initiative, hp/wounds, face/reach, friend/neutral/foe settings), the defensive summary, the active summary and the effects.

The map has grid snapping to the centers and corners of the squares, grid hilights for the area occupied by the creature (colored by the friend/foe, FoF for short, indicator) and displays the area covered by the creature's reach when hovering over the token.

The goblin has a spell on it, so the GM has toggled the effects section visible. The goblin leader is in turn at the moment, indicated by the arrow on the left side as well as the white underlay on the map, and has his active properties displayed because of that. The GM can hover and grab any attack or damage block in the text fields and get the attack dice on the mouse cursor, being able to just drop them on the chat window to perform the attacks.

The downward arrow at the bottom of the tracker will progress the turn to the next actor, or start another turn if this one is completed. A nice detail about the scripting system's capabilities is that you can grab and drag the arrow to a hot key slot and use it down there as well.

Also here you can see the new dice/pointer color selection gizmo. You click on the colored circles to drop the corresponding amount of that color into the mix.

Players will have access to their local modules as well. Here you see the d20 modules that come with the next version. The GM has decided to autoload the basic rules module (indicated by the lightning icon) and has allowed any player to load up the spells module if they wish.

That's all this time
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

Wow.. looks like some great new features in FG II! In addition, the sheets do look really nice.

Will be interesting to hear more about the new edition as the beta comes by..

I wasn't expecting a GUI redesign, but it changed more than I thought. Nicely done! I absolutely love how FG2 looks. Can't wait to get my hands on the beta. :>
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

Aye - I thought the interface was good before...this just totally blows FGI outta da water...

GREAT work guys! And really looks like a lot of the community's feedback has been heard and implemented!

Now I can see why its taken so long to get where we are now!
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

Very nice guys, the new tracker looks amazing! Really looking great all around...tho I get scared when I start thinking about skinning or creating rulesets.....
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Any information about the "dice cup" or the ability to roll 2 or more types of dice at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by LordTomar
    Any information about the "dice cup" or the ability to roll 2 or more types of dice at the same time?
    "Also here you can see the new dice/pointer color selection gizmo. You click on the colored circles to drop the corresponding amount of that color into the mix."

Looks like you can roll mutiple sets of different types/colors of dice.

rv

Are the spell lists links? I.e. if I click on 'Bless' it opens up the spell sheet for that spell (assuming the spell was put on the list via drag and drop)?

Quote Originally Posted by richvalle
    "Also here you can see the new dice/pointer color selection gizmo. You click on the colored circles to drop the corresponding amount of that color into the mix."

Looks like you can roll mutiple sets of different types/colors of dice.

rv
    I read that a bit differently.

To me it means that I can customize the color of my dice / pointer using the "new dice/pointer color selection gizmo". I recall that folks asked for more control over color with respect to drawing. I imagine, after developing the color system to allow for that, they included it in determining these colors.

I'm not sure whether that allows for the leap to rolling one white d10 and one red d10? To me it means that I have enough control now to make that d10 a particular shade of red.

I could be so off base with this conjecture, however, that it might be just enough rope to hang me from.

Later.
    Ramza
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Doh! I think you are right. My bad.

Sorry LT. Your question stands and I'll 2nd it!

rv

Thread Information