STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

AD&D 2E NPC Generation Module

AD&D 2E NPC Generator UPDATED 6/6/2021

Good afternoon all. Thanks to the recent changes to the AD&D 2E Ruleset I have included several new options and features to this Mod.

Generate a Random NPC Statblock
    • Roll a random NPC of any level or race to include a random name, Class, Alignment, Damage, and spells if applicable
    • Roll for a specific Class by Race. This can be done for levels 1-20 or there are options for increments of 4 levels. (1-4, 5-8, 9-12, etc...)
    • Spells Require the Players Handbook.
    • Equipment generator tables require players handbook and Dungeon Master Guide for Magic items.

Generate a Random Townsfolk NPC
    I also included an option to generate a non-stat block Non-hero NPC. Intended for making random townsfolk.
    It will generate the following:
    • Name
    • Sex
    • Race
    • Ability Scores
    • Occupation/Social Rank
    • Hiring Cost if any
    • Personality Traits

Generate Gear Based on Class
    I have added the option of rolling for Combat Gear and some coinage. The results will generate a treasure parcel. Weapons can be dragged from the Parcel to the NPC for use on the actions tab.

Reference Manual
    A REF Manual was added with several improvements for searching for the desired Race/Class to be generated.

Known Bugs:
    Sometimes an error occurs when mages and clerics are rolled as they roll lots of tables. Simply click the generate button again.
    Some spells will not load either because they have a "," or a "/" in the description. These cause issues with the stat block import and thus are ignored.

Recommendations:
    Cleric and Druids will get all of the spells from the PHB according to their spheres. This causes them to be quite large imports sometimes. Its recommended the DM deletes spells not commonly used and only keeping those the cleric usually memorizes and a few extras.

Unknown Bugs:
    There are a ton of tables that went into making this. I'm bound to miss things. I ask that any errors found to be reported here and please ping me in Discord if I fail to notice it quickly. Thank you for your assistance.

UPDATES 6/6/2021
    • Moved Spell Tables from stat block generator. Spell tables are in the Ref Manual. They output to chat and can be dragged to the stat block from there.
    • Spells and powers can be added to NPC's after the fact with the Import Powers/Spells feature on the NPC Sheet.

How To Use the Generator
    Click on the Templates button in the story section of FG.
    Click the Dropdown menus to navigate to any particular generator you want to use. Or look through them all!!
    Statblocks can be imported as NPC's by using the 2E Import Statblock feature. Simply copy and paste the stat block.
    Fix up any mundane stuff like AC, Weapons, Spell Memorization, actual xps, etc... and your NPC is ready to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Frankison; June 6th, 2021 at 18:10. Reason: Module Updated (Errors Fixed)

This is very useful! The more fleshed out the better (Weapons, Powers/Spells, etc)

Thanks!

So I can't really add weapons, I can, however, add damage. Something I'm kicking around is taking the Damage variables from the various weapons that classes are allowed, and making it roll randomly. Maybe give each class a number of rolls equal to their weapon proficiencies.

Some caveats to this include: Attacks will just say Attack #1, #2, etc..., also all attacks will be slashing so that will have to be edited manually.

There will always be some editing required obviously I can't make tables think of every eventuality especially with something like 2E. The intent of this Mod is to fill out the mundane stuff and give an xps base for goons. I wouldn't use it for notable NPC's like major party villans.
    "My campaigns are multi layered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which quite frankly would be to strong for your hobbiest gamer."
    -Doug Dougalson

Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate
    Games I Run: AD&D 2nd Ed
    Currently Running: AD&D 2E (Forgotten Realms)
    Games I play: Any~
    Converted Modules: Faiths & Avatars (2e), Demihuman Deities (2e), Tome of Magic (2e), Dragon Mountain (2e)
    Current Projects: None
    Created Content: AD&D 2E NPC generator Module

New Module Upload
    Tons of New Features!
    Roll By Race/Level Range
    Create Townsfolk
    Name Generator
    Spells Generator
    Lots more.
    "My campaigns are multi layered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which quite frankly would be to strong for your hobbiest gamer."
    -Doug Dougalson

Converted Modules: Faiths & Avatars (2e), Demihuman Deities (2e), Tome of Magic (2e), Dragon Mountain (2e)

Blog Entries
    Nice. Downloaded!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I should note I'm not opposed to giving out the xml file for this if someone wants it. It's pretty crazy and unless you understand my mind it probably won't be much help. But little things like adding more names wouldn't be too difficult.
    -Doug Dougalson

Blog Entries
    The XML is in the .mod, it's already shared.

You're right. Brain not working very well at 1:52 in the AM.
    -Doug Dougalson

Major updates to this Module:
    References Manual Added.
    Several "Bugs" Fixed.
    Equipment Generator by Class/Level Added.
    over 100+ Given Names added for both Male and Female Humans.
    -Doug Dougalson

Thread Information