5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Editing PHB for own creation

Hello all,

So I have been talking with my players in starting a new campaign that is a modern mash with fantasy mixed in. I was wanting to use the PHB 5e for reference in creating a new module for it, however, it does not appear in my modules folder unless it is under a different name. Is there another location it may be or hidden inside of the vault folder that can be extracted? Or anything that I could use with the 5e ruleset that I could implement modernized weapons and skills alike?

Thank you,

donortiz

Blog Entries
    It's encrypted in the cache and you can not access it to modify it like you are thinking of doing.

Instead, create a development campaign (see link in my signature), in that Dev campaign, copy the entities you want, make the changes you want, and then export that as a new module. Then you will have your own custom PHB you can load in any campaign you want.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I forgot to add, the DMG has modern and future weapons you can use. And skills can simple be added to the characters as desired. You could make an extension to modify the character sheet to remove the skills you don't want. Their are examples around the forums with how to do that.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Well essentially I do not want any items from the PHB, however, I would like the skills but I want to alter what they actually can do in this setting. Say for Intelligence could apply to repairing vehicles or hacking into computer. There are other changes that I would like to make, but your suggestion would just to use the Dev campaign? I apologize but what link is the Dev one that you are referencing?

Thank you for the help

EDIT: Nevermind I see what you mean. Load the module or whatever I want. Copy paste change what I need etc etc. Thank you. Only thing I would want more insight on is the weapon tables through the links of the classes that show the prices and weights and damages.
    Last edited by donortiz; July 7th, 2019 at 05:46. Reason: Understood what was told

Quote Originally Posted by donortiz View Post
    EDIT: Nevermind I see what you mean. Load the module or whatever I want. Copy paste change what I need etc etc. Thank you. Only thing I would want more insight on is the weapon tables through the links of the classes that show the prices and weights and damages.
    You would need to do that in the XML. Have a look at the 5eSRD module which will show you the structure needed.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    This is the link; https://tinyurl.com/ycqxldah

The skills are going to be listed on the charactersheet. You don't need the PHB for that. But, if you want your own use/descriptions, you can make your own story entries for them. It all depends upon how transparent you want it to be for your players.

For custom skills in 5E see this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...n5-Suggestions - and the other thread (linked in the last post) that details adding in skill descriptions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information