STAR TREK 2d20

One Question Before Purchasing...

Hello! I saw this product on steam and came here to check it out. When I saw what looked like the original Traveller cover, I almost bought in immediately, but then I saw it was the Mongoose version and that there was no scripting built for character creation. My old pen and paper fix has been periodically satisfied with sitting down with Traveller and making characters, worlds, and spaceships with its unique generation schemes. For anyone who knows what I'm talking about and is familiar with Fantasy Grounds, would I be able to build/automate these processes is such a way as to build characters one tour of duty at time? (or has someone already done that?)

I have some coding experience. I built the Traveller world generation scheme in MathLab years ago, and that's all part of the fun. I'm just asking if Fantasy Grounds is capable of this functionality. Thanks!

- CDRChance

Welcome to the forums. Yes, you can do dang near anything in FG if you are not afraid of diving into the XML used to define interface elements and LUA used to program FG. The engine has some limitations, but really you can do anything it sounds like you are wanting to do. Use the Wiki link above to go to the informational sites, and see the stickies in this forum area to learn how to program FG.

Blog Entries
    Not familiar with Traveller so can't say what it might take. As Bidmaron says, you can code it if needed. Though check the forums as their are a couple of recent posts from different people talking about building/enhancing Traveller rulesets and DLC.

But, with built in FG functionality you already have access to Story Templates and Rollable Tables. Those two combined might get you where you want to be withing coding a custom extension. See this page on the wiki to get an idea; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...tory_Templates

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information