STAR TREK 2d20

Anyway to override mouse behavior on maps?

I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to disable left mouse click drag when in the middle of the map.

I am expecting it to pan the map, but instead, it picks up the whole map and moves it on the desktop.

Yes, I know I can pan the map by pressing middle button, but 30 years of habit are hard to break, and I am constantly moving my maps off the top or side of the screen.

Please, oh please, tell me that is hidden somewhere in Lua code (so I can change it) ;-)

And if not, it would be really nice if there was an option to swap those two behaviors.
    Last edited by Nose66; July 30th, 2019 at 06:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Nose66 View Post
    I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to disable left mouse click drag when in the middle of the map.

I am expecting it to pan the map, but instead, it picks up the whole map and moves it on the desktop.

Yes, I know I can pan the map by pressing middle button, but 30 years of habit are hard to break, and I am constantly moving my maps off the top or side of the screen.

Please, oh please, tell me that is hidden somewhere in Lua code (co I can change it) ;-)

And if not, it would be really nice if there was an option to swap those two behaviors.
    I would REALLY like a keybinding option for all of these sorta things. Let people set it to whatever they are used to...

I totally get the issue you are having. I do it often as well.

If nothing else I'd like to have frames/windows not be movable unless you are click/dragging the top or the bottom. That is sort normal "Windows" behavior at least (I dont think windows lets you move from the bottom).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

So I am guessing by your answer, that No... it isn't possible at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    If nothing else I'd like to have frames/windows not be movable unless you are click/dragging the top or the bottom.
    I don't want this as the only behaviour possible. On my second player screen I rely heavily on moving the whole window (maps,story, etc.) around the screen by clicking anywhere in the main map area.

@Nose66 - I'm not aware of a FG API to do what you want.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information