5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 9 of 14 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Trexmist,

Ah ok, makes sense now. Equipment in the Inventory is what normally creates all the actions/effects within FGU. Equipment is key to this, it needs all the various fields (damage, range, reliability etc). That can be built into the ruleset so you could enter it by hand, you then drag these bits of equipment to the NPC's/Characters and actions are added automatically.

Maybe I can build those parts and share that with the ruleset author. I'll have a think.

Cheers,
    MBM
    I'd love to see this function implemented! It would certainly take away at least one potential source of unnecessary work. I'd help if I could, but I've got no idea how to do any of this community content sort of thing

Quote Originally Posted by TREXMIST View Post
    I'd love to see this function implemented! It would certainly take away at least one potential source of unnecessary work. I'd help if I could, but I've got no idea how to do any of this community content sort of thing
    Hello again,

I've spoken with sylv0308 about this and other bits. As I need this for my game I'm going to do the coding on it over the weekend. I'll then share the code with Althea.

I've got some work to finish on the next Traveller update so not sure how much I'll get done but I will try.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi All,

I've entered 60% of all the equipment (Weapons, Armor complete) - but what I want do to is to automate the creation of the weapon attacks and armour effects, but run out of time tonight.

If anyone has a campaign with a good group of characters and doesn't mind sharing could they please contact me, as that'll save me rolling up half a dozen characters, plus I find it tests what I've done better on other campaigns.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Howdy MBM,

I and my players will be more than happy to share with you our campaign file for this endeavor! Although my connection isnt the greatest, i can work on getting it to you ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by tommenquar View Post
    Howdy MBM,

I and my players will be more than happy to share with you our campaign file for this endeavor! Although my connection isnt the greatest, i can work on getting it to you ASAP
    Hi tommenquar,

No need now, thanks for offering though, but still useful if you can do it. I've done all the coding that allows a weapon/armour to be dragged into Inventory and then the same item appears in the Combat Tab with the various effects etc. Equipping/Deleting the item from the Inventory tab also removes/updates the Combat Tab.

I've been adding all the gear, and diagrams, potions, oils etc. When that's complete I'll be sending it over for approval. Oh and fixing a bug I found.

It's not far off being right for my group, but I'm keen to help a bit more here and there. Suggestions as to what should be worked on next is always useful.

Cheers,
    MBM

The ability to drag and drop spells (even if they arent automated) would be fantastic!

The ability to drag and drop spells (even if they arent automated) would be fantastic!
    I shall have a look for you after work.

Also please note, I need to finish the next Traveller update so I won't do anything for spells until then. I've got a few evenings of work with Traveller but hope to finish at the weekend (it's a lovely big update).

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; January 12th, 2022 at 15:54.

As traveler is my main slice I completely understand. Also excited to have you on board these projects! Keep up the excellent work!

Any updates on this project? I've been very much so looking forward to seeing your work! No rush, just curious where things are/what's been done. Thanks for the work!

Hi Tommenquar,
    You should already be able to drag/drop the spells from the module to the spell tab of the character sheet (the according spell class must have been created prior to drop the spell or you'll have the following message in the chat box : "The spell is not compatible with the target magical class.") I just tested it and it works fine on FGC.
    dropspell.jpg

Thread Information