FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 8 of 14 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    I checked at Lunchtime and it does transfer between characters if the shortcut is shown, the issue is the error that happens at the start affects the display of the shortcut. I have fixed this, so post work I'll send a PR to the GitHub (also fixing all their warnings) and include a zip here.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Awesome! Thank you so much for your work, I look forward to seeing it function as intended!

Hi Folks,

Attached is an updated version of the Ruleset, v0.6.1. I've taken this off the master branch. Follow the instructions on the 1st post to use this attachment.

*Fixed - The 3 errors due to the missing blank.png
    *Updated - The Character Sheet. I've modified the flow (players shouldn't notice) and moved some of the anchors etc. This has removed all of the warnings about height issues.
    *Theme - I've compressed some of the theme images, reduced from 6mb down to 4mb.
    *Updated - I've changed the way the decal is loaded to fit in with the updated decal system. Attached is another module 'WitcherTRPG Assets', download this and put into modules and you'll have access to the decal (no need to load the module).

Plus I've made a few smaller changes, one to do with the latest CoreRPG updates.

I will fork the repo on GitHub and send across an PR (done).

Let me know if there are any big issues with the changes I've made, I'd be happy to resolve them and help with this ruleset.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; January 6th, 2022 at 12:49.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi Folks,

Attached is an updated version of the Ruleset, v0.6.1. I've taken this off the master branch. Follow the instructions on the 1st post to use this attachment.

*Fixed - The 3 errors due to the missing blank.png
    *Updated - The Character Sheet. I've modified the flow (players shouldn't notice) and moved some of the anchors etc. This has removed all of the warnings about height issues.
    *Theme - I've compressed some of the theme images, reduced from 6mb down to 4mb.

Plus I've made a few smaller changes, one to do with the latest CoreRPG updates.

I will create a branch on GitHub and send across an PR.

Let me know if there are any big issues with the changes I've made, I'd be happy to resolve them and help with this ruleset.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Where exactly is the shortcut supposed to be? Because I still can't seem to find anything that allows me to drag weapons or armor onto other characters. I don't seem to get any errors anymore with your new version though.

I also had a FGU update today, if that might mess with things.

Also for some reason the bestiary and spells addons don't want to show up in the load options now. Just the Calendar. I've no idea why
    Last edited by TREXMIST; January 6th, 2022 at 03:06.

Quote Originally Posted by TREXMIST View Post
    Where exactly is the shortcut supposed to be? Because I still can't seem to find anything that allows me to drag weapons or armor onto other characters. I don't seem to get any errors anymore with your new version though.

I also had a FGU update today, if that might mess with things.

Also for some reason the bestiary and spells addons don't want to show up in the load options now. Just the Calendar. I've no idea why
    Morning,

First thing.

1. The Drag button, is the same button that you click to see the item. In the inventory, it's a 'DOT' to the right of the 'Wear/Hold/Don't hold' icons.

Here's a picture showing the button, drag this around to the other characters inv and it will transfer it, and tells you in the chat window.

Transfer Items.jpg

2. No errors. Good, it was a simple fix. All the other changes, mostly addressed warnings (that you can see on the current release using the /console command).
    3. Beastiry and Spells Modules. I'll check this, but can't see why they won't load. Fixed this, please download the file from my earlier post, note the filename difference, and delete the older version I attached, OR, rename 'Witcher.pak' (within the modules folder - to WitcherTRPG.pak' and reload FGU.
    4. I've sent the PR.

Thanks,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; January 6th, 2022 at 12:54.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Morning,

First thing.

1. The Drag button, is the same button that you click to see the item. In the inventory, it's a 'DOT' to the right of the 'Wear/Hold/Don't hold' icons.

Here's a picture showing the button, drag this around to the other characters inv and it will transfer it, and tells you in the chat window.

Transfer Items.jpg

2. No errors. Good, it was a simple fix. All the other changes, mostly addressed warnings (that you can see on the current release using the /console command).
    3. Beastiry and Spells Modules. I'll check this, but can't see why they won't load. Fixed this, please download the file from my earlier post, note the filename difference, and delete the older version I attached, OR, rename 'Witcher.pak' (within the modules folder - to WitcherTRPG.pak' and reload FGU.
    4. I've still not raised the PR for the coders, will get that done tonight.

Thanks,
    MBM
    I think I see the point of misunderstanding here. In that screenshot, it appears that you're showing the Inventory tab of the character sheets, right? What I've been referring to is specifically weapons and armor that can be added via the Combat tab. Those items, as far as I can tell, do not have a drag button and cannot be dragged between characters. They also don't show up in the inventory, only within the combat tab. I don't know if there is a way to link inventory entries with these combat tab weapons and armor or something like that, but that's the main issue I've been having. The "regular" inventory doesn't have all of the proper fill-ins for the weapons and armor like the combat tab does, so I can't really make weapons ready to be dragged and dropped. Maybe that's just a design of the program itself or something.

Either way, sorry to bother so much over this. I do appreciate all the help!

Hi Trexmist,

Right I see. Ok, is there another ruleset that does this? As normally an item (weapon) dragged into the Inventory would create the various weapon/armour parts/actions.

That is quite easy to automate, however would require an items module to fully benefit from it, that wouldn't require permission for basic weapons such as Hand Axe, Iron Long Sword, Chain Coif as these are common words, but any names you wouldn't be able to have so no Temerian Armet or Vicovarian Blade etc.

Cheers,
    MBM

Hi Trexmist,

Right I see. Ok, is there another ruleset that does this? As normally an item (weapon) dragged into the Inventory would create the various weapon/armour parts/actions.

That is quite easy to automate, however would require an items module to fully benefit from it, that wouldn't require permission for basic weapons such as Hand Axe, Iron Long Sword, Chain Coif as these are common words, but any names you wouldn't be able to have so no Temerian Armet or Vicovarian Blade etc.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Honestly, I've got no idea if any other rulesets are like this. I'm very new to FGU, this would actually be the first game I will have ran with it. I was just hoping there was something I was missing, because I'd love to be able to pre-make all of the weapons/armor so they can be used later. The alternative could be creating entirely different, say, bandit NPC's with different weapons, but that still wouldn't help with players. Anytime a player wanted to pick up a new weapon off of an enemy, one of us would have to enter it into that combat tab and manually search for and enter all the information. Compared to just dragging it from the bandit to the character.

I don't really know a whole lot about FGU modding, I mostly just know how to install these things and that's about it

Hi Trexmist,

Ah ok, makes sense now. Equipment in the Inventory is what normally creates all the actions/effects within FGU. Equipment is key to this, it needs all the various fields (damage, range, reliability etc). That can be built into the ruleset so you could enter it by hand, you then drag these bits of equipment to the NPC's/Characters and actions are added automatically.

Maybe I can build those parts and share that with the ruleset author. I'll have a think.

Cheers,
    MBM

Hi everybody,

First I wanted to apologize for not responding sooner, I don't know why but I'm not receiving notification anymore from this forum so I didn't see most of your posts.
    For those who didn't see, there's a new version fixing problems caused by the coreRPG updates and a new lighter theme. Also support for basic effects and conditions :
    https://github.com/Althea21/witcher_fg_ruleset/releases

Big thanks to MadBeardMan who contributed to the ruleset, I'll merge his modifications asap and release an update as soon as I can (maybe this week end but no promise as real life is pretty chaotic right now)

Thank you all for your support
    Althea

Quote Originally Posted by sylv0308 View Post
    Hi everybody,

First I wanted to apologize for not responding sooner, I don't know why but I'm not receiving notification anymore from this forum so I didn't see most of your posts.
    For those who didn't see, there's a new version fixing problems caused by the coreRPG updates and a new lighter theme. Also support for basic effects and conditions :
    https://github.com/Althea21/witcher_fg_ruleset/releases

Big thanks to MadBeardMan who contributed to the ruleset, I'll merge his modifications asap and release an update as soon as I can (maybe this week end but no promise as real life is pretty chaotic right now)

Thank you all for your support
    Althea
    You only get 1 notification, if you don't click on it or check the forums, you won't see any others until you do.

Do you have a roadmap, as I'm going to (finally) be running a game of this and so don't mind adding to it as a thanks for your work.

Btw do DM me so I can get the Decals Module to you.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information