Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... Last

The Witcher TRPG ruleset

Hi everyone,
    I would like to announce the beta release of our fan-made Witcher TRPG ruleset, made with the blessing of the editor Talsorian.

We are a team of three fellow french developpers and we have been working on this new ruleset for a few months now.
    At this point we would need the public to take a look at it and give us some feedback to make it even better.
    Please add an issue on github for every imperfection / or idea of improvement you encounter.

This Beta 0.2 release features :
    - A partially automated character sheet (skill roll, attack, defense, spells, wounds threshold,...)
    - A NPC sheet
    - Modifiers
    - Combat tracker with initiative handling, hp and stamina.
    - A complete rework of the theme to recall the most recent video game and get you into the mood.

Please give use some feedback preferably by putting an issue on github.

you can download this release on https://github.com/Althea21/witcher_fg_ruleset/releases

here you will also find a bestiary, a calendar and a spells module.

Happy gaming.

Thanks, the Talsorian team has been awesome to allow us to distribute the ruleset free of charge. With some artwork, spells and a bestiary. I hope it will be put to good use.
    Last edited by metazeta; July 1st, 2019 at 11:27.

Nice work! My players are going to love having a dedicated ruleset.

Hello there,
    For those who are interested, we published a new version of the ruleset this week.
    Changelog and download available here : https://github.com/Althea21/witcher_fg_ruleset/releases

Don't hesitate to send us your feedback using the issue section of github.

I'm getting the following errors when loading into FGU:

[1/1/2020 3:14:33 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
    [1/1/2020 3:14:48 PM] [NOTICE] Requesting cloud server.
    [1/1/2020 3:14:52 PM] [NOTICE] Connected to game server.
    [1/1/2020 3:14:52 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene exiting.
    [1/1/2020 3:14:52 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene starting.
    [1/1/2020 3:15:12 PM] [WARNING] framedef: Could not find image file. (WitcherTRPG) (graphics/graphics_frames.xml) ()
    [1/1/2020 3:15:12 PM] [WARNING] framedef: Could not find image file. (WitcherTRPG) (graphics/graphics_frames.xml) ()
    [1/1/2020 3:15:13 PM] [WARNING] framedef: Could not find image file. (WitcherTRPG) (graphics/graphics_frames.xml) ()
    [1/1/2020 3:15:18 PM] [WARNING] icon: Could not find image file. (WitcherTRPG) (graphics/graphics_icons.xml) ()
    [1/1/2020 3:15:19 PM] [WARNING] icon: Could not find image file. (WitcherTRPG) (graphics/graphics_icons.xml) (graphics/icons/arrow_sm_down.png)
    [1/1/2020 3:15:21 PM] [WARNING] icon: Could not find image file. (WitcherTRPG) (graphics/graphics_icons.xml) ()
    [1/1/2020 3:15:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Error loading ruleset XML file (WitcherTRPG) (strings/strings_campaign2.xml): '', hexadecimal value 0x1E, is an invalid character. Line 309, position 156.
    [1/1/2020 3:15:25 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene exiting.
    [1/1/2020 3:15:25 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
    [1/1/2020 3:15:25 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Object (customdie) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
    [1/1/2020 3:15:25 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
    [1/1/2020 3:15:25 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Lost connection to game server instance. Please return to launcher, and start game again.

EDIT
    I went ahead and fixed this myself. There were several issues that needed resolved. There was a missing graphic and there were some errors in a couple of the XML files. The combat tab is still throwing an error that I'll troubleshoot later but at least the ruleset is loading now. Once I get it error free I'll share.
    Last edited by garrion_sw; January 1st, 2020 at 23:14.

For FGU-specific issues; please post in the FGU playtest forum as well.

Here is a version with all the files updated to remove errors/warnings on launch; and a list of files changed.

Since I'm travelling, I'll let the someone else handle getting this on the GitHub. Here is a list of the changed files:
    campaign/record_char_main.xml
    graphics/graphics_frames.xml
    graphics/graphics_icons.xml
    strings/strings_campaign2.xml

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey,
    It has already been fixed in a separate github branch actually. It should be merged in the next release.

https://github.com/Althea21/witcher_...set/tree/unity

FGU is not supported yet though
    Last edited by metazeta; January 3rd, 2020 at 13:50.

Sorry, Moon Wizard. I saw all your responses to my string of posts. I was on a roll going through and testing all the rulesets. I'll redirect to the FGU subforum from here on out. It just seemed cluttered and rather than start a new thread I thought posting here would be better since this was a specific ruleset issue for the dev to look at and not a generic Unity issue.

Thanks

A new version is now available with complete combat automation (magic not handled yet, it's still wip).

Changelog and download available here : https://github.com/Althea21/witcher_fg_ruleset/releases

Thread Information