DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyler View Post
    Any word on whether or not the Darkwoulfe token packs that were made available through the Kickstarter will be unencrypted and put into modules rather than .dat files alone. It would make life much easier on many of us. In addition, they are already made available as image files through other sites after purchase. Thumbs up to the advice provided by Trenloe and Zacchaeus. Makes a world of difference. It also makes it easier to organize campaigns. You can organize tokens by encounter, by chapter, or by random encounter. Ability to do so makes life wonderful.
    The Darkwoulf token modules are encrypted.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, I know this. I was wondering if anyone knew if they would be unencrypted.. The fact that they are encrypted makes life more difficult.. I understand the reason. However, considering they are not encrypted on other sites makes me wonder why they would be encrypted here. The fact is that dealing with multiple token packs and assigning tokens to NPCs and characters is a pain the *** when you have a lot of token modules. Being able to organize them in a way that meets your needs is much easier. In fact, the tokens are not even organized in any logical manner. Assuming one has 100 of them, you spend half your life trying to find what you need. And no, I do not have to much time on my hands to do that. I do have time to organize them for any given campaign 1 time. My campaigns are long term not one shots.
    Last edited by Kyler; June 30th, 2019 at 22:11.

After purchasing the add-ons, I realized how much of a pain in the *** it is.

On that note, opening, reviewing, and organizing the tokens you need within a file system is exponentially easier than opening, reviewing, and organizing them in Fantasy Grounds.

The naming conventions are terrible.

ljasdl;jkas;ldkjfl;aksjdfl;kjaslk
    Last edited by Kyler; June 30th, 2019 at 22:42.

This isn't a chat room, no need to do one line posts every couple of minutes. People subscribed to a thread could get multiple email alerts saying there's been a new post. Please try to keep to single posts, if you need to add more details within a short period of time of previously posting, just edit your previous post please. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I heard rumors there was a "trick" that can be done with tokens. I'm thinking available player tokens in this case, since giving players lots of options is fun. If I am remembering correctly the trick involved zipping the token folder? If anyone has a clue what I am partially remembering and could fill in the details or advice on this idea I'd greatly appreciate it.

On a slightly related note. If both DM and players have the same token mods would it bog down the system still?

Players can’t access token modules. They can only access the tokens in the GMs shared directory or those tokens that have been attached to PCs or NPCs that have been visible on a map.

I can’t recall any trick regarding Zipping up tokens, other than making a module for the GM to access. And, as has been mentioned above, this isn’t an efficiency improvement in itself.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information