DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Swade & swd

Swade & swd

I believe this was explained but I’m curious while on vacation camping and limited time with reception - if I bought SWADE which I do not plan to play yet would I be able to open and start FG Deadlands adventure modules in SWD and SWADE both (obviously creating a desperate campaign for each)

I assume that is it and not that when you get SWADE and open for example Coffin Rock that it converts your coffin rock TO SWADE from now on. Then I realized the “assume” part and figured best ask before buy, since expect to only play original rules for a bit.

Blog Entries
    You get both SWADE and SWD rulesets with your purchase of the base Savage Worlds ruleset. What the SWADE purchase gets you is the SWADE books and all the reference data to use. When you create a campaign you can choose either SWD or SavageWorlds rulesets. If you choose SavageWorlds you'll see a dialog prompt whether you want to use Adventure Edition (SWADE) or not.

Both rulesets were 'tweaked' so that all adjustments and commonalities will still work perfectly fine, you won't even notice. However, certain things from SWD no longer exist in SWADE (a few edges, skills, etc.) so if any of the products have, say NPCs that used that stuff, for now you'd get a 'bad link' type error. Ikael plans to add a link checker to put a warning on links like that but it's not there yet.

Right! I think O knew that but have had my brain fried out by the sun at the campground.

Love the reception here on the DC/Virginia Metro. I get full bars LTE underground in NY I get that at only a few between station areas plus all the stations.

Buying it soon as go above ground then - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    You get both SWADE and SWD rulesets with your purchase of the base Savage Worlds ruleset. What the SWADE purchase gets you is the SWADE books and all the reference data to use. When you create a campaign you can choose either SWD or SavageWorlds rulesets. If you choose SavageWorlds you'll see a dialog prompt whether you want to use Adventure Edition (SWADE) or not.
    This kinda worries me a bit. I'm currently running a SWD campaign and so far you can indeed choose witch one you wanna use. Is this going to continue indefinitely? I'm very happy with SWD so far and I don't wanna move to SWADE anytime soon. =)

Any idea if Supers Companion is intended to also be updated in place as it were?

I recall reading during the KS for SWADE that they intended on rereleasing it. It’s why never bought the book even though was interested in seeing how they worked it with “regular” vs play play heroes.

Tempted to get the FG version and maybe even Necessary Evil if Supes will also be updated for Seade like the Cards were.

Thread Information