STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    That is another way of doing it. OP was asking about effects otherwise I would have tossed that option out there.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    Why can't you just create two weapons for the character: one with backstab damage and the other without?
    It’s an option but fails to scale as different effects become available at higher level. There are modifiers that are situational and different types of weapons.

As an FYI, this is handled nicely in Hero Labs. Just no VTT.

Thanks again all for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishypeanuts View Post
    As an FYI, this is handled nicely in Hero Labs. Just no VTT.
    It's a lot easier in HeroLab because it doesn't actually know about the opposition - which FG (and most other VTTs) take into account for more automation. If you just want the same functionality that you get in HL you can do that easily in FG with effects - just ask the GM if your sneak attack is appropriate and apply the effects as needed before rolling the attack and/or damage - Blahness98 shows you how to do the damage in post #7.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Why can't you just create two weapons for the character: one with backstab damage and the other without?
    Much easier to make an effect like - Sneak Attack; DMG: 1d6 precision, melee

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

I don't find that easier at all. You gotta drag the effect on the character before they can make use of it each time. It's way simpler to press F1 for regular damage and Shift-F1 for sneak attack damage.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

To each their own. Either way works fine. It is just a matter of personal preference. Some like clicking the effect (also able to be placed in a hotbar), some like rolling weapon damage. Just getting options out there so anyone can try.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

I don't find that easier at all. You gotta drag the effect on the character before they can make use of it each time. It's way simpler to press F1 for regular damage and Shift-F1 for sneak attack damage.
    If an NPC is immune to precision all they need is an effect "IMMUNE: precision" which may be edited into the stat block on import. It is not a big deal to turn off the effect when not appropriate. Recently I have been playing on Roll 20, where the GM keeps track of all this stuff in his head. It is really a question of preference. I like the idea of as much automation as possible because for me it is not an easy task to keep it all straight.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Thread Information