5E Character Create Playlist

Have Some Questions About Ultimate License

I'm usually the DM of my group. Therefore I want to buy fantasy grounds ultimate license. From other posts and threats over the internet I could understand that you can host a game for free players with ultimate license. What I couldnt understand is, can the demo players use the rulesets I purchased? For example if I purchase Call of Cthulu ruleset and activate it, they can see and use it? (not for dm purposes of course).

Im guessing they cant modify their characters while im offline. This is reasonable. But they can save their characters right? When join in the next session we can start where we left off?

I know these are simple and maybe obvious questions but I wanted to be sure.

Hi Leukophobia, welcome to FG.

The answer is yes. The DM controls everything basically so whatever the DM has they can share with the players. If you start a campaign with a particular ruleset then the players have that ruleset too. They can create and edit character sheets using any reference books (like player's handbooks etc) that you share with them. The characters are stored on the DM machine with a local copy on the players one. As you say players can't edit or create characters whilst not connected to you but in most rulesets they can view their characters in Manage characters. (Not sure about Call of Cthulu but I don't see that being different from the ones that I'm familiar with).

And, yes, everything is saved every few minutes and at the end of each session. So next time you start exactly where you left off.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you sir for the fast and clear answer! Your answer solved all of my questions. What a lovely forum. Nice to be here.

Blog Entries
    Welcome, and glad you came to us for clarification. Their is a lot of misinformation out there, I see it regularly on other places on the net and try to help clear it up when I can. (But sometimes the same people just don't care to have their minds changed and they keep spreading the same falsities. Ah well *g*)

Anytime you have questions, just let us know. And if you prefer, their is an official FG Discord channel and one for FG College. Both full of helpful people

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information