DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Max Currencies Types in Inventory Tab

I was doing an experiment creating other currencies to track other resources. And the question came to me: how much types of currencies can be shown on the inventory tab of a character?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Which ruleset?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I forgot to mention: D&D 5e.

The 5E PC sheet has 6 set fields and one generic field for "Treasure" on the Inventory tab. The names get populated when coins are distributed from the party sheet, or if they are manually entered into the PC sheet. After the first 6 fields are populated with the treasure type name (usually a coin type, but not necessarily) then any other treasure types distributed from the party sheet are added (comma separated) in the free form line beneath the 6 types. There's no calculation in this free form field, if you add Horses = 2, then later add Horses = 3, FG won't scan the free form line and change Horses - 2 to 5, you'll get "2 Horses, 3 Horses".

Hope this info helps.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Helped a lot.
    Thank you!

It occurred to me now: the limit of 6 currencies in the inventory tab can be increased without creating these free form lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Govanon View Post
    It occurred to me now: the limit of 6 currencies in the inventory tab can be increased without creating these free form lines?
    By writing an extension to modify the base ruleset code you can add more fields. But you will then also have to change the code that allocates treasure, as this is only expecting 6 fields plus the free form line.

My initial idea was of more fields. Unfortunately I do not have the experience to do more complex extensions, just simple things. Thank you anyway!

This is exactly what I was looking for. I managed to add 2 more currencies (I'm using 4 coins each for 2 different kingdoms) but 2 of them just over flow. Off to find the allocation code!!

Govanon, how many extra fields do you want and what is the name of the coins?
    If you pass the information on, I create the extension for you.

Thread Information