Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP (One Sunday a month) 5e Curse of the Crimson Throne **PAID**

FG License Type: Ultimate
    Game System: D&D 5th Edition

Time Zone: Central Time USA
    Day of week and time: One Sunday a month from 1pm - 5pm
    If new game, planned start date: September 1st, 2019
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 Hour session, complete campaign
    Term: Paid, $10 per player, per session (Session 0 and Session 1 is always free).

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40 (Revolution, Heavy Roleplay)
    Flavor: Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles...
    Number of Players in game & needed: 4-6 (Already have 2)
    Character starting level & equipment: 1

Plot Hook:

In the shadow of an ailing king, a new ruler gathers power, sending shockwaves through a populace already plagued by unrest and pushing the largest city in Varisia to the brink of disaster. In the face of anarchy, a band of heroes gathers at the call of a mysterious patron. Strange magic and mysterious prophesies set them on the trail of a common foe—a path that draws them into a struggle to save the city from ruin. Amid the intrigues of kings and generals, heroes and thieves, it's up to these new heroes to decides whether the rule of a new monarch will usher in a new age of glory or a reign of chaos.

And that is only the beginning....

GM Info:
    Hi there! It's Billy Watford. I’ve been GMing (DMing, Storytelling, what have you) for these last 30+ years (Or is it 32?), and gaming a touch longer. I’ve run what feels like hundreds of adventures via Paizo, WotC, TSR over the years.

My GMing style focuses more on what makes a good story, and less on things like exploiting the loopholes in rules to their fullest. I like characters that are cards to begin with, but I LOVE characters that develop over the course of a game. Don’t make me deal with two-dimensional characters that have one annoying trait they exploit over and over, and I won’t have to make a tarrasque show up. Deal? Deal.

What kind of player am I NOT looking for?
    People who have played this adventure path before (Sorry), and Power Gamers (not sorry) and rules lawyers (really not sorry).

What kind of players AM I looking for?
    Ooh, this one is good. I am not really looking for players at all. I am looking for a cast of characters. I’m looking for someone who’s committed to not only a good plot progression (characters or players that stifle the plot make me want to scream), but character development. I want to see your character grow into their role. I want to see selfish street rat become swashbuckling hero! I want to see bored pencil-pushing acolyte become punishing wrath of an angry god! LET’S DO THIS.

Interested?
    Send me a PM and we can discuss getting you a seat at the table. Have questions? Then post them below and I will be glad to answer them. Once the group is full we will schedule a session 0 to discuss the campaign and character creation.

Last edited by bwatford; June 26th, 2019 at 19:43.

Hey there, this is Fenryr and I am one of bwatford's two starting players. I have been playing with him for at least three years now, through play-by-post and various live sessions and lately, using Fantasy Grounds and Discord. Let's put it that way, if you're looking for a DM you can trust to run a campaign from A to Z, he's the real deal. I've been enjoying his adaptations of many Paizo games for D&D 5th Edition, like Rise of the Runelords, Reign of Winter, and War for the Crown, along with some great epic adventures from some third-party publishers (Zeitgeist, Northlands, War of the Burning Sky). Yes, these games are all active campaigns, and I can't mention his tabletop ones. Yes, that's how much work bwatford is able to put in our common passion, all at at once.

As for the game itself, there is a character I once played through the very beginning of this game, but I unfortunately had to step away. I would love to play that guy again (some sort of rogue), but I also have some backup ideas for other characters should someone absolutely want to fill a similar role in the party.

I hope you guys join us, trust me, it is really worth it! I can send you links to some of our pbp games if you want so you have an idea of how dedicated a DM bwatford is.

Hi, this is Leonidas and I am the second starting player. Fenryr and I agreed to ask bwatford to run this game - based on the quality of his other campaigns and the work he puts into his games.
    I am considering playing a sorcerer, cleric or paladin in this game - but hey, it's the taking part, and I would be happy to play anything (yes - even a ranger in an urban setting).
    See you around.

3 slots left.

2 slots left

and 1 slot left.

This game is now full.

Thanks everyone.

Due to a player switching games we have one slot open in this game.

Interested

Quote Originally Posted by Mykeus View Post
    Interested
    PM Sent.

This game is again full.

Thread Information