DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Effect coding help for unique shield

I have a player who bought a Shield of Tall Tales, which is a magic shield I found in a supplement, so I tried creating effects for it.
    Each day at dawn you can tell the shield a story of how
    you fought a specific monster. To make the shield believe
    your story you must succeed on a DC 11 Charisma
    (Persuasion) check if the story is true, or a DC 15
    Charisma (Deception) check if the story is false. If you
    succeed, a depiction of your story is emblazoned on the
    shield, and you gain +2 to AC and advantage on Dexterity
    saves against attacks and abilities from that specific
    monster type, in addition to the shield’s normal AC bonus,
    until dawn the following day.

I have coded the +2 AC effect correctly and it works. IFT: TYPE (humanoid); AC 2; [SELF] (the time is set to 1 day). This adds +2 to his AC only vs any attack from the specified creature type on his shield (which i change in his coding depending on what he wants that day, if he makes the Charisma check), so it works perfectly.
    The coding wouldn't let me add another effect after the AC 2 statement for the dexterity advantage (or if it would, it wouldn't accept the following coding statement) , so I created a second effect
    IFT: TYPE (humanoid); ADVSAV: dexterity; [SELF] (again, time set to one day). it doesn't roll advantage on any dexterity saving throw caused by a humanoid enemy. But when I use this effect...
    ADVSAV: dexterity;[SINGLES];[SELF] it rolls advantage on every dex save I throw at it. So I have my player hit the effect button for the second ADVSAV effect (that works) when he needs to save against the creature type. I really want him to hit one or 2 effect buttons each game day and not have to worry about hitting the button every time he should be getting a dex save vs his creature type. Am I missing something? Any help or insight would be great!

Hi Hector, welcome to FG.

When using the IF and IFT statements you can only include certain effects which are able to be targeted. If you look at the wiki page linked below you will see that in the final column against each listed effect that some have a (T) next to them. Those are the ones which can be targeted and so can be used in IF and IFT statements. You'll see that whilst AC has a (T) ADVSAV does not. Hence you cannot target ADVSAV and that is why your effect isn't working. See the section on targetted effects for more information.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ahhhhhh. That's what I didn't see. Thank You!

Thread Information