5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

[LFG] [CST/GMT -6] DND5e/Pathfinder desired game for a stay at home dad

I figured I'd try my luck with a LFG add, though I've been told its usually hit or miss :P

I'm a stay at home dad who hasn't had the ability to play offline in some time and I'm craving an excuse to roll dice and enjoy gaming again. I've always been one to focus on roleplay over characters, yes I'm one of the guys who has done the voices at the table before CR style.

My availability is fairly open, being at home almost always taking care of a kid. My most open days are Tuesdays and Thursdays, as every other day I have the commitment of taking my wife to work or picking her up. This takes up to 30 minutes most days, 40 if traffic is bad. Her work hours vary per week too so it won't be consistent, so some games I may have to leave for a bit or be late for. My kid won't be an issue with me gaming even over voice, he's very well behaved. I am CST/-6 time, but I've played games at all hours of the day before, so time won't be an issue.

If you are still interested and reading: I'm more interested in longterm and narrative driven games with atleast a 50/50 RP to Combat focus, and prefer RP focus over min/maxing. While I don't mind leaping into games in progress, know I may be taken aback and need some adjustment time if we're past 10th level as I'm still getting used to the systems. I can build characters as needed and will happily flesh out groups. I have experience in DND, but am still learning 5e and I've little to no Pathfinder experience.

I am open to other games depending, but these are the two I'm more interested in.

Edit: Almost forgot: I am BRAND NEW to Fantasy Grounds and have not did much with it, so I may be slow in learning how to work it. I currently have the Demo version and am using it to try to learn, but I have no issues upgrading to Standard if and when a game arises and I need to

I'm currently look for 2 players for Sunday @3 PM Pacific for a 5e game. I'm a stay at home dad as well, so I get it.

I have ultimate, so you won't need standard or anything.

Same playstyle myself no FG experience but plenty of pen and paper... Disabled so I am really looking for a few diff games to get into weekly if you find one and need more XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrin View Post
    I'm currently look for 2 players for Sunday @3 PM Pacific for a 5e game. I'm a stay at home dad as well, so I get it.

I have ultimate, so you won't need standard or anything.
    I would be interested! The only concern I have is that may fall in line when I have to pick up the wife from work some days, which as said is usually only a 30 minute trip there and back. Other times it may not even be an issue (As yesterday she was morning shift so I was already home by the time 3pm (or 5pm for me) rolled around.

So long as that doesn't bug you, drop me a line about what the campaign is about and we'll see how it floats my proverbial boat.

Thread Information