5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

How to stitch together multiple maps from a purchased module

I have the Sammerket Sands map pack and I was trying to stitch a couple of maps together. It seems like that is something the developer expected people to do since he has blending maps to go between desert and forest, for instance. I have never seen any way in FG to do that, so I was trying to load the maps in Paint.NET, but I can't find anything remotely resembling an image file anywhere on my hard drive. Is there any way to do this, either in FG or outside of it?

Blog Entries
    There's no way in FG to merge maps.

I think you would probably need something like GIMP or Photoshop.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The image files themselves would be inside the module file. I don't know if that particular module is sold encrypted (in which case you cannot get to the actual image files) or not. If it's not encrypted, you should be able to find the .mod file in the <FGData>\modules folder and unzip it to get to the image files. Then use whatever image editor you like, such as GIMP, Photoshop, Paint, etc. and put the resulting images in your campaign's "images" folder. Keep in mind that images in FG are best kept small to avoid memory issues and long transfer times.

I guess it must be encrypted, because I can't find any module named anything like the package I bought, at least not in the Fantasy Grounds data folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I think you would probably need something like GIMP or Photoshop.
    I can't use any image editor because I can't find any image files.

I've mentioned to the map artist (Kris at Game Tile Warehouse) before that he should ask Smiteworks to have his maps purchased from the FG store unencrypted. I don't know if he's had any discussions with Smiteworks around that.

Send a PM (from this website) to gtw2017 - he's very good at helping out and has previously said he'll supply unencrypted maps. But, that's just my take on what's he's said before, I could be wrong. Get in touch and see if he'll help. Some more info here: https://gametilewarehouse.wixsite.co...-from-gtw-vs-x
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information