DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Need Help! Port Forwarding just stopped working

Hey, Community!

I've got a game in 3 hours and when I test my connection it fails.

It was working last time a week ago and I haven't touched anything since then.

When I started FG today, there was an update. Could that be the problem?

I checked my network settings and port forwarding. All network devices are working perfectly.

The update to FG is the only thing that has changed since I last used FG.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi biggusbeardus (I see what you did there), welcome to FG

If everything worked before and now doesn't the three things which typically cause this are a) your network has reset itself to public instead of private b) the IP address of your computer has changed and you'll need to update your port forward rule to point to your new IP address or c) your anti virus has decided that it doesn't like FG any more. Delete all existing rules in your AV and create a new one. Try each one, one at a time; don't change everything at once.

Also an update to FG doesn't cause this kind of issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Hi biggusbeardus (I see what you did there), welcome to FG

If everything worked before and now doesn't the three things which typically cause this are a) your network has reset itself to public instead of private b) the IP address of your computer has changed and you'll need to update your port forward rule to point to your new IP address or c) your anti virus has decided that it doesn't like FG any more. Delete all existing rules in your AV and create a new one. Try each one, one at a time; don't change everything at once.

Also an update to FG doesn't cause this kind of issue.
    I checked the anti-virus stuff, and there isn't anything there. Maybe it wants me to do something all of a sudden. I'll check again.

My IP address listed in ipconfig, all matched current settings in port forwarding. So I'm stumped there.

I'm going to try and reset my network adapter and reset the entire network.

Thanks for the suggestions.

@Zacchaeus

Of course the LAST thing I try is the one that works. I changed my network from Public to Private and then it worked.

Thanks for the help.

Hooray!
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by biggusbeardus View Post
    Of course the LAST thing I try is the one that works.
    Well, why would you keep trying if something fixes it? ;-)

Because they would be mentally unbalanced?

Thread Information