STAR TREK 2d20

Control only visible for a specific player

Is it possible to script a control so that it is only visible by a specific player ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabulazero View Post
    Is it possible to script a control so that it is only visible by a specific player ?
    I would think the answer would be yes.
    Have a look at the Combat Tracker - you can see that there is two versions - one for player and one for the GM.
    What about when you share a note/story/item with a specific person?
    Should be enough examples to get you started...

Look at the windowcontrol setVisible Interface: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdo...xcp#setVisible

You'd need to have LUA code that would run on the player side (not the GM side) and identify which player (FG identity - see the User FG package: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/User.xcp) was active and running the code based off the player.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Basically what I am trying to come up is a window whereby both a player and the GM would bet a number of dices against each other. I am trying to find a way which would prevent each party from knowing how many dices the other party has committed, hence the idea of controlling who sees what.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabulazero View Post
    Basically what I am trying to come up is a window whereby both a player and the GM would bet a number of dices against each other. I am trying to find a way which would prevent each party from knowing how many dices the other party has committed, hence the idea of controlling who sees what.
    At a guess you would build something like the CT...

Thread Information