5E Character Create Playlist

My groups DM has terrible internet

We're all unable to connect and stay connected to him on FGU. Is it possible for one of us to host and have him be DM? Or is that not an option?

Are there any other work-arounds?

Blog Entries
    No, the DM has to be the host.

Are you sure it's his internet? Are you all on the exact same date build of FGU? FGU has been struggling with network issues for some people. Has your GM been able to try the LAN hosting?

Once FGU is up and running and everyone is connected, if you do not use LOS, bandwidth should be pretty low and FG is normally pretty tolerant of poor connections. So, my advice;
    1. Try a LAN connection game type
    2. Don't use LOS
    3. Have one player connect at a time well in advance of game time.Do this until all players have connected and downloaded shared content.
    4. Try not to share images during the game, have the GM preshare them all before the session (so they get downloaded during #3)
    5. Check the network.log file of both the GM and one or two players, and possible post them here.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Make sure to use the latest build. The two builds released Tuesday and today have fixes specifically for networking.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information