5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Race and Class Mods

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm new to FG and still figuring things out.

Does anyone know of a place to download for free/pay for other races and classes that are not already offered in FG store and the DM Guild? I started OftA, but with home brew characters over a year ago on Roll20. Now I'm trying to get everything set up on FG and wanted to see if someone already had MODs I could get from them...mostly because I'm lazy and don't want to build it myself.

I'm looking for the UA Mystic (I already bought the UA from FG store and it's not on it) and some Matt Mercer classes. Plus other random races/sub races that can be found on DnD beyond.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums.

Well, it depend exactly what you are looking for. Their are a bunch of modules you can get from the 5E sub-forum here FG site, just look at the stickies at the top of the sub. Many of the bigger 3rd party publishers (Kobold Press, Frog God) have at least some of their stuff available on the FG Store. It's always possible that any publisher has a licensing agreement with SmiteWorks and might sell FG modules on their own site. But really most "homebrew" type of stuff is either here or on the DMsG. Depending upon what licensing restrictions the content has to comply with.

The older UA stuff is no longer available. Their used to be one available on the DMsG, but OBS/WotC stopped distribution of it. The only way anyone can distribute UA anymore is with the UA module on the FG Store, which only includes content from 2018 or newer.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi Maheeb, welcome to FG

I don't know of anything like what you are asking. There's no official module for the Mystic since the only UA articles that FG can develop into modules are those published after January 2018.

It's pretty easy to add such stuff yourself however

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Creation-Video
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tutorial-Races
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you both for answering me back so quickly! I've watched several videos from YouTube on how to create a class or race, but I was being hopefully lazy...

Another question I've been thinking about: If I did create a race or class on FG, could I share that as a mod or post it so anyone can have it?

That depends on the copyright of the original. The safest answer is no, you can't. For example you can't post anything from Unearthed Arcana. Otherwise it depends on who created the original and whether they give you permission to create an FG module for it. Clearly if you create only for your own use that no problem.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information