Time Zone: Eastern Time USA
    Day of week and time: Thursdays at 8:00
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 2-3 hours
    Term: Long Term

Text or Voice: Voice mandatory
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40 a little heavier on the role-play
    Number of Players in game & needed: Currently there are 4 players and we're looking for one more.
    Character starting level & equipment: Starting level will be at 5
    Character restrictions: Classes and Races are restricted to PHB, DMG, and XGE

Details of your scenario: Currently, the party has just finished The Lost Mine of Phandelver and will be going into Storm King's Thunder. The party consists of a warlock, paladin, rogue, and barbarian. I plan on running the party through every module that has and will come out, with all the modules having a common theme and connecting. Maybe you may run into someone or something from your past adventure, or maybe you may influence further adventurers in either a positive or negative light. Homebrewed scenarios will be in play, as well, to allow for character arcs and development. However, these scenarios are not thrusted upon you or guaranteed to occur. Maybe the secrets in your past remain a secret even to you. Your backstory will have an influence on you; whether it be a patron that asks for questionable gifts, a family member who may connect you with another player character, or the truth of a friend who you thought dead. With that, you can make your backstory as detailed or general as you'd like. I am accepting of the rule of cool and believe the DMG to be more of a guideline that hardset rules. As such, if I find an idea to have a high impact on the gaming experience, I would most likely allow it.

What I expect: Be cool and be a team player. I don't mind min/maxers, but I won't condone back seat players. This party does some (if not a lot) of things sub-par, but I'd argue that's their charm. If you're looking for a game where you can play as a half-orc monk who is clumsy (low Dex) and unwise but is strong, then you have absolutely nothing to fear. If you want to play a character who's oblivious and believes every single person they meet, more power to you and I'm sure the party will be happy to have you!

Some things I'd like to know now:
    1) Your Fantasy Grounds Experience
    2) Your DnD Experience (any edition)
    3) Your preferred class
    4) Your age
    5) What name you'd like to go by (something other than character name as you may or may not be going through several characters)
    6) Honestly, what you feel and don't feel comfortable with. I personally don't feel comfortable with eRP, and as such there is no eRP in these sessions.
    Last edited by Alphavolatile; June 22nd, 2019 at 00:47.

Hi, I'd like to be considered to play in this campaign going forward. I consider myself to be a strong role-player, an excellent team player and a reliable "player at the table" (as in, I'm consistent, on-time and willing to make a commitment to being a contributing, reliable member of the party)
    1) Zero. I am however an experienced Roll20 player. I was accepted as a player into a 5e campaign here on FG, but it never got off the ground.
    2) I played OD&D (Red Box) and 2e in the 80's and 90's. Stopped in 2001 and recently picked the 5th Edition game back up and have been enjoying since Spring of 2018.
    3) I enjoy playing classes and races of all sorts. In this campaign, with what I can see of the make-up of the existing party, I would probably lean towards a cleric or a bard. If I wouldn't have been able to preview the party make-up, I'd be most interested in playing a eldritch knight, as I haven't had the opportunity to play one since I picked up 5e. Mostly, a choice stemming from curiosity.
    4) 44. The opening scenes of Stranger Things is more of a nostalgic memory for me than it is retro cinema.
    5) Scott
    6) eRP is out for me as well. OOC Bigotry and racism, just like RL and in society in general is something I can't accept no matter the entertainment value involved.

Thanks for the consideration. Either way, enjoy the game!
    Last edited by Rooster22; June 20th, 2019 at 01:30.

I'm in if you still need someone.

1.) Your fantasy Grounds Experience: My experience is novice.
    2.) Your DnD Experience (any edition): Somewhat novice.
    3.) Your preferred class: Generally I play a bard or Barbarian. If you don't mind I will probably multiclass.
    4.) Your age: 33
    5.) What name you'd like to go by: Call me Ryne (it sounds just like Ryan But different spelling.)
    6.) Honestly, what you feel and don't feel comfortable with: Well, I don't really have any strong reservation about any RP. Of course, there is a line which shouldn't be crossed ( mainly the Raping part of "Raping and pillaging",) and eRP I just wouldn't comfortable with.
    Last edited by IXskeletorIX; June 20th, 2019 at 01:44.

1) 8 months -1 year
    2) close to a year in 5e, played AD&D many years ago
    3) ranged or caster
    4) 45
    5) Silent
    6) I enjoy having a good time by all, I like to have fun and role play as well as enjoy everyone's camaraderie

1) Your Fantasy Grounds Experience: 2 Years
    2) Your DnD Experience (any edition): 35+ Years
    3) Your preferred class: Paladin or Bard (With this group already having a Pally I'd probably go Bard)
    4) Your age: 56
    5) What name you'd like to go by (something other than character name as you may or may not be going through several characters): Bill
    6) Honestly, what you feel and don't feel comfortable with. I personally don't feel comfortable with eRP, and as such there is no eRP in these sessions. Had to look eRP up and yeah I agree that I wouldn't be comfortable with that. Other than that as long as the roleplay remains in character I'm ok with it.

1) Your Fantasy Grounds Experience: I've created a few characters just to get a general feel for the UI but have yet to play in an actual campaign.
    2) Your DnD Experience (any edition): I've been playing 5E for over a year now. Before that, I had never played at all. I'm not the greatest RPer ever but I'm trying to improve that.
    3) Your preferred class: I love love LOVE the Sorcerer class. So. Much. Flexibility! I've also wanted to try out a Cleric and a Rogue
    4) Your age: 35
    5) What name you'd like to go by (something other than character name as you may or may not be going through several characters): Monty
    6) Honestly, what you feel and don't feel comfortable with. I personally don't feel comfortable with eRP, and as such there is no eRP in these sessions: I'm comfortable with just about anything aslong as it pushes the story forward. Nothing gratuitous or over-the-top (rape and that sort of thing).

On a side note: I joined FG with the intention of DMing a group (or groups) once I played in a few games just so I get a real feel for how the system works. I TOTALLY would not mind taking over once in a while to DM a one-shot to try to perfect my DMing chops AND to give the active DM a chance to play from time to time. I'm a standard license holder so it would require players to not be demo but it is something I'm willing to do if that's something you would be interested in.
    Last edited by TheScareCrow; June 20th, 2019 at 15:49.
    DM in training!
    FG License: FGU Ultimate
    Timezone: EST -5 (Eastern Standard Time)

I'm sorry everyone. I had some important things at work come up that required my attention. I will reply to everyone now that I do have some breathing room.

Storm King's Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Alphavolatile View Post
    FG License: Ultimate
    Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: Eastern Time USA
    Day of week and time: Thursdays at 8:00
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 2-3 hours
    Term: Long Term

Text or Voice: Voice mandatory
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40 a little heavier on the role-play
    Number of Players in game & needed: Currently there are 4 players and we're looking for one more.
    Character starting level & equipment: Starting level will be at 5
    Character restrictions: Classes and Races are restricted to PHB, DMG, and XGE

Details of your scenario: Currently, the party has just finished The Lost Mine of Phandelver and will be going into Storm King's Thunder. The party consists of a warlock, paladin, rogue, and barbarian. I plan on running the party through every module that has and will come out, with all the modules having a common theme and connecting. Maybe you may run into someone or something from your past adventure, or maybe you may influence further adventurers in either a positive or negative light. Homebrewed scenarios will be in play, as well, to allow for character arcs and development. However, these scenarios are not thrusted upon you or guaranteed to occur. Maybe the secrets in your past remain a secret even to you. Your backstory will have an influence on you; whether it be a patron that asks for questionable gifts, a family member who may connect you with another player character, or the truth of a friend who you thought dead. With that, you can make your backstory as detailed or general as you'd like. I am accepting of the rule of cool and believe the DMG to be more of a guideline that hardset rules. As such, if I find an idea to have a high impact on the gaming experience, I would most likely allow it.

What I expect: Be cool and be a team player. I don't mind min/maxers, but I won't condone back seat players. This party does some (if not a lot) of things sub-par, but I'd argue that's their charm. If you're looking for a game where you can play as a half-orc monk who is clumsy (low Dex) and unwise but is strong, then you have absolutely nothing to fear. If you want to play a character who's oblivious and believes every single person they meet, more power to you and I'm sure the party will be happy to have you!

Some things I'd like to know now:
    1) Your Fantasy Grounds Experience
    2) Your DnD Experience (any edition)
    3) Your preferred class
    4) Your age
    5) What name you'd like to go by (something other than character name as you may or may not be going through several characters)
    6) Honestly, what you feel and don't feel comfortable with. I personally don't feel comfortable with eRP, and as such there is no eRP in these sessions.
    hello. i was reading your post and want to express my interest in joining the group. I'm experienced using FG as a player and currently run 2 campaigns as a DM. However the current group I've been playing with is more interested in killing stuff and how much dmg they can do. I'm looking for a group that is more RP oriented and has a majority good alignment. I've played using the 2e and 5e ruleset. I'm 42 yrs old and my name is Jim. If i were to join the group I'm leaning toward playing a Life Cleric.

1) Your Fantasy Grounds Experience: I am new to FG but not Vtable tops. I used roll20 for many years.
    2) Your DnD Experience (any edition): I have experience Playing D&D 3.5 and 5E mostly. Been playing for about 10 years or so.
    3) Your preferred class: I love playing rogues, but in this campaign I think I would like to try about my ranger/fighter/ He would be an animal lover/trainer.
    4) Your age: 32
    5) What name you'd like to go by (something other than character name as you may or may not be going through several characters) Chris
    6) Honestly, what you feel and don't feel comfortable with. I personally don't feel comfortable with eRP, and as such there is no eRP in these sessions. I am down for just about anything.

Look forward to playing with you.

1) Your Fantasy Grounds Experience: A lot by now, I have most of the books used by players and a few campaigns/DMs guild stuff, Ultimate edition. I DM for a few friends.
    2) Your DnD Experience (any edition): Around 30 years, since the Red Box.
    3) Your preferred class: Anything goes, whatever type is needed for the party, I like to combine theme + some optimization.
    4) Your age: 35
    5) What name you'd like to go by (something other than character name as you may or may not be going through several characters) Manuel
    6) Honestly, what you feel and don't feel comfortable with. I personally don't feel comfortable with eRP, and as such there is no eRP in these sessions. I'm ok with anything.

Btw, I'm Brazilian, but lived abroad, so English is pretty good.

Thread Information