DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Damage effect on target (help)

So there's an effect: "For 1 minute, add 1d6 extra damage to the first weapon attack that hits the target on each turn."

Is there any way to code this?
    Sure there are some spells (like Hex) which add a dice to attack roll made by caster only, but I need it to be added by any attacker.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums.

No, you can add it to all attacks, but you can't add it to just the first attack.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

From your question, it seems like you are asking for an effect that increases the damage that a creature takes from "any" creature, not just a single creature. There's no effect that increases the damage taken, other than vulnerability, which is different. Plus, the condition that it only affects the first weapon attack on each turn makes it more complex. There also isn't a way to only allow an effect to trigger once each turn.

If it only affects damage from the one creature, just add a DMG: 1d6 effect that you toggle on the combat tracker.

If it affects damage from all creatures, then:
    * If it's a PC, I would have them create a custom power on their Actions tab, with a simple 1d6 damage roll that they can apply whenever their power goes off.
    * If it's a NPC, the GM will have to apply a note effect, so that they can roll the extra 1d6 to apply when that creature is hit.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; June 19th, 2019 at 04:29.

Thank you two.
    Although my point is kinda different. I handled the "on first attack" part by simply turning the condition off and back on.
    The real question was damage, turns out it's impossible to do straightforwardly. Moon Wizard's advice on powers helped, gonna try that. Power that adds 1d6 to attack if the target has the effect.

By the way, should I label it as IFT: condition; or IFT: CUSTOM(condition);?

EDIT: Is there simply a way to add 1d6 to attack roll? Like you can change the amount by right-clicking or apply modifiers?
    Last edited by Akihiro Yasetsuan; June 19th, 2019 at 07:16.

I'm not entirely sure what you are looking for but you can create an effect which will add extra dice to an attack (ATK: 1d6). If you create the effect with a target of self and expend on next action then it will only last for that one action. If this is going on an NPC then you would need to create it in the effects dialog and place it on the NPC on the Combat Tracker and toggle it on or off.

If you only want to give someone this extra attack (or damage) under certain conditions then you could use IFT with the CUSTOM function. So say you wanted to treat the enemy as weakened then you would create an effect named simply Weakened and place that effect on the target. You would then create an effect IFT: CUSTOM (Weakened); ATK: 1d6; DMG 1d6 and place that on the attacker.

More information on creating effects in these videos https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Videos-for-5E
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiro Yasetsuan View Post
    EDIT: Is there simply a way to add 1d6 to attack roll? Like you can change the amount by right-clicking or apply modifiers?
    Roll 1d6 prior to rolling your 'regular' roll. Drag results from chat window to modifier box, roll your regular roll.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information