5E Character Create Playlist

Bundle Placement for Acquisitions Incorporated

I am QUITE disappointed to see that Acquisitions Incorporated was placed in to the D&D Completionist Bundle. I have no intention of EVER buying the Lair Assault modules (which were clearly done for 4e, I actually have two of them and the conversion is not the best), the Monster Token modules (which are pretty much covered by the Monster Manual and others) or any of the Adventurers League modules which are several years old. How is the Acquisitions Incorporated not included in either the Essentials Bundle or the Adventures Bundle? I have always immediately purchased the new official releases and would have purchased Acquisitions Incorporated just now, but I am a bit disappointed, and will not be buying it right now.

I am surprised of this following such a successful kickstarter. It is not a price issue, but a loyal customer appreciation issue. If it is moved into either one of the other D&D bundles, I will purchase it as soon as I notice it has been moved. And, I will be grateful as will many other people.

This is a total bummer as I know it was converted by Rob2e, and I am a HUGE fan of his, his work is always perfect!

Sorry Rob! I'd buy it directly from you if it was possible...
    Last edited by daggerfortysix; June 19th, 2019 at 02:06.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Preferred Games: D&D5E
    Timezone: Normally US Central Time but often times others...

Probably b/c Ravnica and Stranger Things was not in the Essential or Adventure bundle. I know way more people who will not buy those and AI b/c of that reason.

That said, I bought it as it's $20+ cheaper than the physical book (which I own as well). The adventure is ok and the character options are funny, but I would not place it in either Essential or Adventure. Maybe they should have a 4th bundle for miscellaneous.
    Last edited by Eru the One; June 19th, 2019 at 02:00.

Blog Entries
    Because what ever bundle it is placed in, it will upset someone. I personally would be just as annoyed as you if it was placed in the Essentials bundle. Because even though published by WotC, it really is a 3rd party product and is certainly not an essential product for a vast majority of DMs (imo its really just a setting with a bunch of custom content). It's not really an adventure book, so it doesn't belong there. That really only leaves the completionist bundle.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I understand completely and you both provide solid points, thank you. Nevertheless, it is still disappointing to me.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Preferred Games: D&D5E
    Timezone: Normally US Central Time but often times others...

Blog Entries
    Bundle 4: All the Stuff Nobody Wanted in any of the Other Bundles
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Bundle 5: All the stuff John wants

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Bundle 5: All the stuff John wants
    LOL Talk about an extreme niche collection of things.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    I am not buying it now as well. It will be the only WoTC book I do not own except for the new Starter Box which I have no need for. I will just wait for the sale in a few months.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

I have no intention of ever running fifth so don't really have a horse in the race, but the only bundle I'd ever care about as a DM is the essentials. Core books, monster books, done. I don't want to buy each and every adventure book, because published adventures vary wildly in quality and paying for a bad adventure is just silly. Completionist bundles, same deal, I'd be shelling out for a lot of content I wouldn't ever use. So I think segregating the bundles is a good thing that Smiteworks has done, since it would let a customer like me buy the essential bundle to get every generally useful module, then cherry pick the adventure modules from there. Unfortunately after such a split there's going to be room for debate about what belongs where, that's just part and parcel of the arrangement.

Thread Information