FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Thanks for the updates Dave.

My main point was the SF ruleset was released with "ship combat" even tho never completed and is is a "shame" that is have never been completed as much as technically possible.

Part of the frustration with SF ship combat isn't from me as the GM angle, as much as it is from my players. It is confusing for many the first time we jump into ship combat, and despite me saying ship combat is not complete in SF ruleset and we are going to do this and that, they still explore the parts of ship combat that are there, really like it, and want more. Part of the beauty of FG over other platforms is the automation of things and they of course want even more. In any case, I am appreciative of all the WotC, Paizo, and other systems FG supports as well as the FG platform itself that allows for so many other ruleset opportunities.

Business is business and as a former business owner I certainly understand all those business angles. Keep up the fantastic work that Smiteworks IS doing and thank you also for being a company that is never afraid to address concerns, confront criticisms, and even take on critics (which there are very few of fortunately). To few companies these days operate that way and Smiteworks is a great example of one that does.

While acknowledging technical and business hurdles is important, it's still inescapable that people've paid for a ruleset that has a significant broken piece in it. Ship stuff could potentially be the majority of a given group's campaign in Starfinder, so having it not work is something that should be on the front burner for addressing once there's a developer available to look into it. Hopefully someone talented shows up for the new job listing soon and can take up that workload while FGU's occupying the team.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valatar View Post
    While acknowledging technical and business hurdles is important, it's still inescapable that people've paid for a ruleset that has a significant broken piece in it. Ship stuff could potentially be the majority of a given group's campaign in Starfinder, so having it not work is something that should be on the front burner for addressing once there's a developer available to look into it. Hopefully someone talented shows up for the new job listing soon and can take up that workload while FGU's occupying the team.
    Is it broken or just not automated?
    Genuine question.

Damned, I would say the correct term is probably "incomplete"? as many of the functions(abilities?) are there with graphical support but using them as in automation and/or references from the character/ship sheets do not seem to work at all. I so wish I had the time and know how to tackle something like this when there is a need.

Thread Information