DICE PACKS BUNDLE

IFT doesn't apply DMGTYPE

I'm about to start the Tyrant's Grasp AP, and due to circumstances all PCs get several advantages against undead. One of those is that all their weapons count as magic plus other things against undead.
    But I've run into a problem; "IFT: TYPE(undead); DMGTYPE: magic" doesn't apply magic as dmgtype.
    Maybe (probably) I'm just getting smth fundamentally wrong here; but I've been staring at the effects wiki for a while now and can't figure it out
    Last edited by TrentLane; June 18th, 2019 at 00:51.
    Pathfinder/Traveller GM - Sometimes running CPRed, CoC, AD&D2E, and other stuff - Ultimate License
    Currently running Pirates of Drinax, and Skulls and Shackles
    Check out my little dungeon map blog

You are correct. It isn’t possible to use DMGTYPE in an IF or IFT statement since it is not a targeted effect.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you for the answer, and I learned a thing.
    Probably easiest to just remove all DR magic from undead creatures then.
    Pathfinder/Traveller GM - Sometimes running CPRed, CoC, AD&D2E, and other stuff - Ultimate License

I just tried it in the coding and was able to do it: I have added the possibility to add a target for DMGTYPE in the code So, IFT then also works for DMGTYPE (and it also still works without targets of course) I have added this to my advanced effects extension and will upload that when my 3.3.8 version is done (still adding new features; didn't start yet to make it compatible with 3.3.8)

As far as I remember you use my advanced effects extension, isn't it? If not, then tell me, then I make a separate extension such that you do not have to use my bigger extension

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I just tried it in the coding and was able to do it: I have added the possibility to add a target for DMGTYPE in the code So, IFT then also works for DMGTYPE (and it also still works without targets of course) I have added this to my advanced effects extension and will upload that when my 3.3.8 version is done (still adding new features; didn't start yet to make it compatible with 3.3.8)

As far as I remember you use my advanced effects extension, isn't it? If not, then tell me, then I make a separate extension such that you do not have to use my bigger extension
    Yeah, I'm using it already, and to great effect.
    Thank you for looking into this, amazing!

Thread Information