DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Castles and Crusades Ruleset change requests and bug reports

Please use the new tracker that I have setup to report bugs in the ruleset, modules, and also to request changes and enhancements. See link in my signature.

Greetings,

Sorry if this isn't the correct location to place this however the link in your signature doens't work to report a bug.

I found a bug which effects all the barding items from the Players Handbook, and a fix actually.

Steps to reproduce:
    Add any barding item to a characters inventory on the inventory tab then click items icon on inventory tab to view the item. The following exception will occur:

{code}
    'Ruleset Error: windowcontrol: Database type mismatch for control (ac) in windowclass (item_main)'
    {code}

I looked at the Players_Handbook.mod>client.xml file and some lua code to see why FG thought there was a data mismatch and analyzed the items in comparison to others, long story short your node for ac type cannot be string

So the following lines of xml in the client.xml file have to be changed as follows:
    {code}
    |-----------|FROM--------------------------|TO------------------------------|
    |LINE 2013|<ac type="string">+5</ac>|<ac type="number">5</ac>|
    |LINE 2027|<ac type="string">+8</ac>|<ac type="number">8</ac>|
    |LINE 2041|<ac type="string">+3</ac>|<ac type="number">3</ac>|
    |LINE 2055|<ac type="string">+1</ac>|<ac type="number">1</ac>|
    |LINE 2069|<ac type="string">+3</ac>|<ac type="number">3</ac>|

After making making these changes recreating the mod file and unloading and reloading the Player's Handbook fixed the issue. Though I had to delete the previously added items and re add them. If I understand the wiki correctly this is because the system created/loaded the entry into the campaigns folder to track the players items. Lastly I did a search to see if this was an issue with any other items in the Players_handbook.mod and these appear to be the only effected items.

Anyway I just happen to notice this due to creating a test fighter and was curious as to why this happened so I did a mini deep dive. Hope this helps.
    --
    Save points are for quitters.

I've made the change, and pushed an update to both patch systems.

Regards,
    JPG

You probably know this already but The Shades of Mist module needs an overhaul. I don't know if I'll ever get around to running a C&C campaign but I went ahead and bought the bundle bc it scratches a lot of the OSR itches I have... SoM is in so rough a shape (no organizing document and I found at least one missing table but now I can't even relocate it) I'd recommend it got pulled out of the bundle until it gets cleaned up. It would probably be easier if I had a copy of the original module but I don't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    You probably know this already but The Shades of Mist module needs an overhaul. I don't know if I'll ever get around to running a C&C campaign but I went ahead and bought the bundle bc it scratches a lot of the OSR itches I have... SoM is in so rough a shape (no organizing document and I found at least one missing table but now I can't even relocate it) I'd recommend it got pulled out of the bundle until it gets cleaned up. It would probably be easier if I had a copy of the original module but I don't.
    I believe that TLG has someone tapped on the shoulder to work on bringing this module into a 2020 FG standard.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Please use the new tracker that I have setup to report bugs in the ruleset, modules, and also to request changes and enhancements. See link in my signature.
    The link goes to a blank page with the message "Environment not found".
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Hi all, just started with the CnC ruleset, noticed that the mini weapon sheets pop-out appears but it is blank regadless of the content. I have the latest versions (stable) of FGU and the CnC ruleset.

figured it out, i had the daggers equipped in the inventory, but not in the weapons area of the combat tab.
    Last edited by HennisDopper; April 14th, 2021 at 09:47. Reason: user error!

Did you make sure your items are "equipped"?

Last edited by Andraax; April 14th, 2021 at 13:17.

Andraax, has it right. I had the same issue for a long time. Finally I realized the weapon has to be equipped, before it will appear in the mini-weapon pop-out. So on the character sheet under Combat, there is a circle before the Name line. Click on that. If the circle is empty the item is "not carried", if a sack symbol is there, the item is 'carried' click again and you get a symbol that looks like a T-shirt profile, that is "equipped". Weapons that are equipped will show up in the mini-menu. Same issue happens with spells.

Yeah got it sorted. Thanks folks.

Thread Information