FG Spreadshirt Swag

D&D 5e: Reorder class levels?

Forgive me. I'm new.

Using D&D 5e (after purchasing the PHB), I've managed to muddle through and build up a character: Paladin/5, Warlock/1. His CON is 12, so he should have 45 hits points, however it shows as only 44.

It is as if I added the Warlock class first and then the 5 Paladin levels. And maybe I did. (I can't remember).

However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to correct this.

Can someone help?

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums

Rebuild the character. It will be faster than messing with trying to remove and re-add classes and levels (whcih is a manual process, FG will not remove abilities previously granted).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You are correct in that if you added the 5 Paladin levels first and then 1 of Warlock you get 45 hit points. Adding Warlock and then Paladin gives you 44. No need to rebuild the class however just change the 44 to 45 in the character sheet.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You are correct in that if you added the 5 Paladin levels first and then 1 of Warlock you get 45 hit points. Adding Warlock and then Paladin gives you 44. No need to rebuild the class however just change the 44 to 45 in the character sheet.
    OK. Sounds simple. How do I do that? I tried clicking every which way on the hit point field and can't figure out how to edit it...

OK. Nevermind. I figured it out. Just clicking on the field allows me to type a new number in.

I was thrown off by the fact that there is no visible indication that the field can be edited. (But don't get me started on the FG UI. I'm liable to get all ranty! :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdseymour View Post
    OK. Nevermind. I figured it out. Just clicking on the field allows me to type a new number in.

I was thrown off by the fact that there is no visible indication that the field can be edited. (But don't get me started on the FG UI. I'm liable to get all ranty! :-)
    Dont fight it, go with the UI and after a short while you will very likely find it very straight forward.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdseymour View Post

Any powerful program will have a learning curve.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

It's not just hit points that will be off though, but also saving throw proficiences and possibly armor proficiences, my recommendation would be to start again, It doesn't take too long to recreate a character sheet

In fact for 5E it takes 5 seconds if you create it with DnD Beyond and another 5 seconds importing it to Fantasy Grounds.

Thread Information