5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Looking at buying FG Ultimate need help

I have been collecting D and D books from 1980 . i have maps , book , custom books . everything D and D . Can i use FG to Organize everything form maps ,book, ETC

I know it will need to be entered manually .And it would take some time . But will it work. most files i have are in PDF format but i can covert it to what ever i need

I all so have the entire 5E D and D in hard cover and in PDF can i migrate them over and make custom maps for them

i bought the entire set available at the time . on line and it came in SDR format i think .. it was a while ago but was converted for my phone . now its in PDF . i still my have the original file format if needed

Looking to setup a game for my sons . and add sound FX for them . I thought FG Ultimate would be perfect and it would allow them to get add on's that i dont have

and should i get this on steam

Thanks Tom
    Last edited by TRIMIX; June 16th, 2019 at 15:59.

Blog Entries
    Fantasy Grounds ruleset for D&D 5E come with everything in the free SRD already included but everything else can be added manually yes.

Blog Entries
    Steam is great for taking advantage of regional pricing, but to us here in Canada its not a huge difference. You'll lose some in the exchange if you buy direct from the store. As an example, the new "Streets of Zobeck" is $22.79 CDN currently on Steam, $19.99 US in the FG store.

Steam is a wrapper nothing more. It delivers the content. Purchase from whichever works better for you, just know to take advantage of any of the bundles you need to stick with one or the other. The stores don't talk to each other in that manner. If it is something important to you, Valve takes a 30% cut off the top before they pay a developer for anything bought through Steam, which leaves less for both SmiteWorks and the person who created the product.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thanks will get it on FG . just looking at the bundles now

So IF I bought the license from the FG website I can't use it on Steam?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teybor View Post
    No....
    First, Steam is just a wrapper. Their is no reason to run FG using Steam unless you want to count your hours played.

But, if you buy on a license on the FG Store, they are linked to Steam every 6-8 weeks. So if you buy on the FG Store, you will be able to access in less than 8 weeks on Steam. (Depends where they happen to be in the update cycle).

This is true for licenses, not for DLC. DLC is accessible from either store immediately inside FG, But, bundle data is never sync'd so if you buy DLC on both stores, they will never qualify for a bundle discount.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teybor View Post
    As LE says it can take a few weeks for the license details to reach Steam if you buy from the store. You need to activate your license on Steam once that process is complete. (Games menu at the top of the Steam page > Activate a product on Steam).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Keep an eye on this thread here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/25269...5530621472814/ for posts regarding when the FG license keys have been uploaded to Steam. It seems one is due fairly soon...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information