STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Having Issues with Fantasy Grounds, Need Help ASAP

Ok... so i have an issue... Im not sure if my license has been revoked, or if steam just sucks... but i am unable to update, nor use my license for the game. Im in the middle of trying to host a campaign after making one, but it will not let me login now. The first issue i found is i purchased the ultimate edition, but it would only let one person log in... i thought it might be the key issue so i uninstalled the game and reinstalled... but now the game will not load at all.

Fantasy Grounds Issue 1.png

Fantasy Grounds Purchased from Steam

Fantasy Grounds Issue 2.png

When i try to update or load a campaign i get this error message
    Error
    Invalid Purchases login entered in settings.

Please update settings with valid purchases login or clear login; and update again
    Last edited by DemonRozetta; June 16th, 2019 at 01:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Organoid View Post
    Ok... so i have an issue... Im not sure if my license has been revoked, or if steam just sucks... but i am unable to update, nor use my license for the game. Im in the middle of trying to host a campaign after making one, but it will not let me login now. The first issue i found is i purchased the ultimate edition, but it would only let one person log in... i thought it might be the key issue so i uninstalled the game and reinstalled... but now the game will not load at all.

Fantasy Grounds Issue 1.png

Fantasy Grounds Purchased from Steam

Fantasy Grounds Issue 2.png

When i try to update or load a campaign i get this error message
    Error
    Invalid Purchases login entered in settings.

Please update settings with valid purchases login or clear login; and update again
    Hello Organoid

I have responded to your support email.

David
    David Middleton
    SmiteWorks USA, LLC

Links:
    Fantasy Grounds: https://www.fantasygrounds.com
    Fantasy Grounds Forums: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/community/
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/fantasygrounds
    Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Fantasygrounds/posts
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/fantasygrounds2
    Fantasy Grounds Wishlist: FG Wish List - https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

found the issue and thankas for the help... i didnt know i had to relogg in when redoing the cd key

Blog Entries
    One word of advice, never run an update right before you are getting ready to have your players join

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    One word of advice, never run an update right before you are getting ready to have your players join
    Amen there. Spent more time looking for solutions lately than gaming. Driving me and another GM crazy. Still waiting on support to reply to us.

Quote Originally Posted by InkredibleBulk View Post
    Amen there. Spent more time looking for solutions lately than gaming. Driving me and another GM crazy. Still waiting on support to reply to us.
    Yes. I'm that other GM. Port forwarding has worked for me for the period of what, 4-5 years since I've had FG?

Now, out of the blue, it has stopped. Connection failure and can't get others to join. Very frustrating, and can't explain it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Xydonus View Post
    Yes. I'm that other GM. Port forwarding has worked for me for the period of what, 4-5 years since I've had FG?

Now, out of the blue, it has stopped. Connection failure and can't get others to join. Very frustrating, and can't explain it either.
    If nothing has changed (like you haven't changed ISP, moved house, got a new router etc) then try rebooting your router. If that doesn't work check that your network is still set to private. If that isn't the issue and you use an AV like Windows Defender, Bit Defender or Mcafee (or in fact anything really) delete any existing rules you set up for FG and create new ones. If you didn't have a rule then create one. Also of course check that any port forward rule you set up is pointing at the correct internal IP address of your computer.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yeah the list of stuff I have done is quite... exhaustive. Anyhow, hopefully support can come up with an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If nothing has changed (like you haven't changed ISP, moved house, got a new router etc) then try rebooting your router. If that doesn't work check that your network is still set to private. If that isn't the issue and you use an AV like Windows Defender, Bit Defender or Mcafee (or in fact anything really) delete any existing rules you set up for FG and create new ones. If you didn't have a rule then create one. Also of course check that any port forward rule you set up is pointing at the correct internal IP address of your computer.
    Bless you for your advice sir but we have both attempted many different fixes with the aid of a friend well versed in the lore of tech lol No luck. We are awaiting responses from support for aid and explanations. I've only just purchased and not managed to get beyond character creation with my group

If it worked before and doesn't now what has changed? If nothing at your end then it is possible that your ISP is now sharing IP addresses. Can you post a screenshot of a tracert 8.8.8.8
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information