DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

UPDATE! LFP: 1 player, NA-based 5e homebrew campaign set in Forgotten Realms

Hi there, we have a new slot open in our fledgling Netherese empire game. Updated details below (make note of race and class restrictions). Below that, original campaign background. SEND ME A PM with your RL name, experience with 5e and character concept if you would like to be considered. Thanks!

FG License: DM has Ultimate - players don't need license
    Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: Mountain
    Day of week and time: Monday evenings, 5:30PM MTN start time.
    If new game, planned start date: First session JULY 29/2019
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-4 hours weekly
    Term: Long term, open ended campaign

Text or Voice: Must use voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: More roleplay than combat (good mix of both though)
    Number of Players in game & needed: 4 in game, need 1 more
    Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, standard equipment
    Character restrictions: Humans only (Variant allowed). Classes: Barbarian, Ranger, or (possibly) Cleric. Cleric gods subject to approval (due to timeline, some do not exist yet). Archetypes subject to approval.

Current party - Druid, Fighter, Sorcerer, Rogue (Dwarf).

Original details below
    ---------------------------------
    Details of scenario:

Our campaign begins over five millennia in the past, at the cusp of the Founding Time. This era signals the rise of all the humanoid civilizations, in a time when the many dragons and giants were long overthrown and the elf wars no longer loomed over everyone as a threat. The elf realms of Evereska and Evermeet grow by colonization along with other realms, from the human Unther and Coramshan to the dwarf realms of High Shanatar and Oghrann.

More specifically, we start at what will be known as the First Age of the Netheril civilization. Menzoberra the Kinless has just founded the city of Menzoberranzan, the dwarf realm of Delzoun has just been established, and the Eaerlanni elves have yet to introduce The Art to humans.

I've always been fascinated by the Netherese empire. I feel like Netherese history is robust, but has always regretfully been on the peripheral of my Forgotten Realms knowledge. During previous campaigns I've run, I have been prompted to fill in my gaps of lore as necessary when adventurers inevitably explore a long-forgotten tomb, or someone asks, "Where do Ioun stones come from?", or "Why does the Anauroch Desert exist?", or "Why do spell levels stop at 9th?".

So, this epic campaign is really my convenient excuse to discover the Netherese empire and devour its secrets! We will explore its humble beginnings as a unification of fishing villages along the Narrow Sea, to the literal height of its arcane decadency within the mythallar-fueled floating cities, to their inevitable collapse as the empire buckles under the weight of its own hubris and ambition.

Yes, the history of the Netherese is rich and lengthy. How will we carry a party through millennia of story? I don't know exactly...yet. What I do know is that the process will be fun, epic, and, will take methodical, story-rich baby steps. So, for now, your journey begins here...

...the year is -3858 DR, but your tribe has no use for such measurements. You were born to a clan of the Gers tribe, in largest of a cluster of small fishing villages that hug cold waters of the abundant Narrow Sea. Nether, a powerful, young and charismatic shaman has just risen to power and claimed Gers as his ward. He is justifiably uncontested, but his ambitions for dominance will not stop at the pallisades of Gers. Orcs and goblins often flood down from the icy mountains in the north to pillaging the villages. For decades, they have been minimally successful; however, recently, ogres have joined their raids and have tilted the balance in their favor. Recent battles are hard-won, leaving some of the villages crippled and vulnerable. Nether is determined to unite the villages, but the some of the other leaders chafe under his authority. Heeding the pleas of the villages of Nauseef and Janick, Nether assembles a group of Gers warriors to relieve their neighbors against the orcish onslaught.
    Last edited by colonelsavage; July 25th, 2019 at 06:43. Reason: Open to applications again

This sounds like it would be intriguing. I am still fairly unfamiliar with fantasy grounds and have not played a ton of D&D but learn quick and shouldn't slow you down. I'd like to play a human barbarian if that is acceptable for your campaign. I like how you have put a lot of thought into the period you are setting your campaign in... something tells me there are some interesting twists awaiting!! Please let me know more details as you can, time etc. Thanks!!

this sounds very fascinating to me! id be interested in joing if you accept newer dnd players, im familiar with the world as ive read many books on the forgotten realms setting.

Hello!! This seems like a extremely lore rich campaign where players will be able to spread their Roleplaying wings. I am intrigued, excited and very very interested. I have a ton of experience with fantasy grounds, 5e and a pretty good knowledge of The forgotten realms (have my ad&d) books sitting next to me on the couch! So seeing what you come up with fills me with even more excitement. I’d love to join up if you’ll take another and also happen to be mountain time so the evenings would work perfect for me.

I would really like to play if there's room! Please let me know.

I am very interested in playing. I have been playing roleplaying games since my early to mid teens (46 now). I have been using fantasy grounds to DM and play for over 4 years. I would be interested in playing a Sorcerer for this campaign. I think it could generate some interesting roleplay.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

I am Interested! Sounds like a fun game, I'm down to play as a human with a background that meets your story history(I'd base my class after having a conversation with my allies and you)!
    Time Zone: CST
    Experience: DM for DND 5e & COC, Player in COC, Pathfinder, and some 5e. Have roleplaying experience in general.
    Logistics: I have a mic and discord, Ultimate edition for FG (not that it matters)

Let me know if you have any questions!

PS this is an alternate account for me because my original account I couldn't remember the password for and the password reset email was taking too long to come in lol, so I made a new one to get a post in ASAP
    Last edited by Caminator42; July 2nd, 2019 at 23:12.

Id love to get in on this FR is my favorite D&D setting and have been playing RPGs for 30ish years.

Hi everyone! Great so see so much interest in the campaign. It is a pretty novel idea - I give full credit to our DM Julia, who is an absolute fiend for all things Forgotten Realms.

Now with a group this large, we may have to pare things down a bit pre-session zero. We already have three members confirmed and have room for two more, possibly 3 (but that would be stretching things).

So, if I could get all of you to send me a private message with the following info:

- A brief bio (several of you have done something like this, just copy/paste it into the message) that includes a little about yourself (name, experience with 5e, familiarity with Forgotten Realms, characters you prefer to play, etc.). We are open to new players so don't feel at a disadvantage just because you haven't been playing for 30+ years. We all had to start sometime, eh?

- Using the info provided in the original post, a character concept for inclusion in the game. If you need any more details about the campaign, feel free to ask me. One common question has been posed regarding magic-based characters; basically we're starting right on the cusp of the discovery of arcane magic by humanity (or rather, as taught to them by the elves), so it does not yet exist. However, more primordial, elemental forms of magic do. Along with some sources of divine magic. So any classes or subclasses that manifest magic from those sources are fine. Examples include Druids, some Clerics, certain origin Sorcerers, Rangers, Bards and Warlocks. Primarily no wizards. And the staple martial classes (Fighters, Barbarians, Rogues) are also great. Include as much detail as you'd like to your concept.

Thanks again to everyone for their interest; we're excited to check out your concepts. We will get back to everyone, even if we can't end up fitting you in to the campaign at this time. And should slots open up in the future, we will certainly let you know. Everything should be reviewed and decisions made by this Sunday, July 7.

-cheers!

Thread Information