5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Do you have a picture for referrence? I'm creating my own TTGTV and your solution sounds the most simple one. I've already ordered a 2mm plexiglass board, but from the reactions here I should go thicker it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by thecraftingden View Post
    Do you have a picture for referrence? I'm creating my own TTGTV and your solution sounds the most simple one. I've already ordered a 2mm plexiglass board, but from the reactions here I should go thicker it seems.
    Welcome to the FG forums!

See the thread linked in post #9.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...e-quot-Rain-FX

I would have a look at the video attached in this video and ask the thread creator for advice.

Go hit Menards, Michaels, Lowes, or Home Depot, take a sheet and grab it about 6ish inches apart and see how much it flexes. 2mm is definitely not enough for my peace of mind.

Blog Entries
    It depends upon what the plexiglass is expected to do. Remember, the thicker it is, or the farther away it is from the screen, the more offset (parallax?) you are going to get, ie. where the mini looks offset from the location it is based upon the viewer's location.

In most VTT applications, you are placing the plexi immediately over the TV screen and are looking to protect the TV screen from mini/dice/pencil scratches or liquids. To protect from scratches, any thickness will generally do. And you will want to consider that plexi is soft, so it will scratch easily. So be prepared to replace it. Protection from liquids means you want the edges sealed and to be outside the edges of the TV itself, and thickness does not matter.

Now, if you want the plexi to hold weight, or protect against thrown objects, or stupid behavior, then you need to go thick. Probably 1/2" or even more. And your visual offset is going to be bad. Very bad. And when you have to replace it due to scratches, it will be expensive.

If you don't want thick, but want rigid with a scratch resistant surface, you need to go to glass.

Or you can go the other approach and go to just a protective film, like automotive PPF (paint protective film). Which is very thin, will protect the TV from scratching, is cheap and easy to replace. But would be hard to protect from liquids and has no rigidity.

It's a bunch of trade-offs.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information