FG Spreadshirt Swag

Effect Coding Help

Hello one of my players in my homebrew games chose this a sa talent and i am wondering if there is a way to code this

Deadly Sneak Attack
    Your Sneak Attacks are more accurate compared to others.
    Prerequisite:
    Rogue level 3, Deft Sneak Attack.Benefit:
    When you roll for Sneak attack damage, every die roll of 1 or 2 is treated as a 3.

Blog Entries
    Not that I know of. You can add a "reroll 2" but that will reroll the die, not set the value to 3.

Have you tried dragging the ability to the action tab? A lot of the 5E abilities have special parsing into actions that is done automagically when dragged to the actions tab

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

yep tried that so far i have tried doing this but does seem to work

Deadly Sneak Attack; When you roll for Sneak attack damage, every die roll of 1 or 2 is treated as a 3.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    yep tried that so far i have tried doing this but does seem to work

Deadly Sneak Attack; When you roll for Sneak attack damage, every die roll of 1 or 2 is treated as a 3.
    You can almost use 1d4+2 for your sneak attack dice instead of 1d6, though This gives 3, 4, 5, 6 instead of 3, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6 like your talent version.
    Last edited by GavinRuneblade; June 14th, 2019 at 06:45.

I'd like it to be an effect that recognizes sneak attack and makes rolls 1 and 2 be 3

There is no such effect that will do this kind of thing.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I'd like it to be an effect that recognizes sneak attack and makes rolls 1 and 2 be 3
    You just replace the sneak attack d6 with a d4+2 and it works exactly the same. Only problem is, as I said, 3,4,5,6 so you end up with higher damage than your 3,3,3,4,5,6.

But as noted, nothing can do it exactly the way you want. Might be able to do 1d5+1. Not sure though. But if it does work it would be a lot closer.

As said above 1d4+2 will probably be your best bet. It only increases the average damage by 0.5, I don't think it matters too much that the rogue will be doing an extra 5 average by the time they get to 10d6.

The homebrew increasing the minimum damage so much has a large impact tbh, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

However if you want to keep the average the same and go with a happy middle ground. 1d5+1 works well, you retain the average damage of 4 per die, drop the minimum a little but retain the roof of 6.

So
    1d6 min 3 = min 3, ave 4, max 6
    1d4+2 = min 3, ave 4.5, max 6
    1d5+1 = min 2, ave 4, max 6

Thread Information