FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Anybody worked out how many active games are running and the ratio of DM to players ? I think it high time that some sort of survey was done ... it would help us hugely at Digital to know what stuff is being played and the Uglies too. Both produce excellent maps, tokens, modules and rulesets (some free) ... are we producing enough of the right stuff ?

We are the autonomous, underground, hidden, super-secret, anonymous game players of the world! You will never know our numbers, our habits, or our favorite colour!

Seriously, the autonomy is one of the best feature of this software. Ask you questionnaires poll your polls but don't try to track us.

Hold something too tight and it will fall from your grasp!

Thanks for the help ...

Getting a good number of those people would be very hard
    ---Dedeko

Contact me?? Please please please contact me by xfire:
    "Dedeko" is my user name, my nickname is Meat Shield

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd
    We are the autonomous, underground, hidden, super-secret, anonymous game players of the world! You will never know our numbers, our habits, or our favorite colour!

Seriously, the autonomy is one of the best feature of this software. Ask you questionnaires poll your polls but don't try to track us.

Hold something too tight and it will fall from your grasp!
    Although I will not engage in a debate between American Football and Rugby - I happen to enjoy both but probably prefer "soccer" anymore - I do think Stuart has a good idea here Sigurd. By the way...if you were just kidding around, then ignore the rest of this post.

Autonomy is fine, paranoia is just, well... it was a really fun game to play but I digress. I can't speak for other organizations but it is evident to me that guys like Stuart and all the good folks at FUM are doing what they do for the love of the game.

The tricks and treats they come up with I'm sure allow very little profit margin at this point and I see nothing wrong with pulling a little info together for their benefit. If nothing else, make it a poll so it's voluntary. We, the players, benefit as much as anyone else. As I recall, at many D&D sessions we ran the DM was comp'd munchies. Just because he loved all the extra work didn't mean we couldn't show some appreciation.

Keeping it light and friendly...just my opinion.

BaldMike
    Wanna Play? playing Wanna DM? maybe sometime... Best day to play? Flexible Best time to play? Evenings Time Zone: GMT -4 (EDT)

Thanks for nod, BaldMike, much appreciated. You are 100% correct, we do not see much profit from our efforts, and if you happen to have noticed recently we upgraded our forum to a professional product, which cost us a pretty penny. Much of what we get out of it, goes back into the site and community. And about football, all I have to say is.... "da Bears!"

I will set up a poll if you want Stuart, what would you like in the poll?
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

BAH! Bloodbowl!
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Snikle - I really think a poll for DM's and players would help us produce maps, tokens, modules and rulesets that players and DM's *really* want. The investment in time is considerable and I'd really like to think that what we are doing is actually useful so ...

How about a poll or questionnaire that looks at

1) Genre : SciFi etc and genre's that lack support (horror ?)
    2) Rulesystem used and rulesystems that lack support : Ars Magica etc
    4) Token style
    5) Tokens most often used/requested in "short supply" (Top-down Undead ?)
    6) Maps needed/wanted - or that could be shared between DM's ? (Possibly an FUM created "map repository" ?)
    7) Module's needed (town, dungeon etc and level), a fully integrated FG 2.0 tutorial module for lvl one characters and DM's for example ... FUM ?

*purrrs happily*

... my ever incesant whining about ArsMagica has had effect. People are asking about it, if nothing else to make me shut the fekt up.

Oberoten - I have been playing Ars for quite some time by email; stopped about three years ago so ... finish your ruleset please !

I will.

Love the system. It is fast, flexible and quite realistic.

Modified it a bit and it works a treat for modern games as well. And for the WW2 campaign we are runing.

Casuaities so far :
    1 NPC crewed tank - Germans
    1 PC crewed tank - Finns
    1 PC sniper, a voulenteering Swede... Got in the blast radius of a bomb dropped by a Polikarpov 16 when it MISSED the bunker it was aiming for.
    2 PCs that decided to try if a M2 equivalent COULD punch through early tanks, yes it could... just not fast enough that they couldn't fire back.

Curent Sub-Campaign : Finnish Winter-War with the options of playing Finn, German, Voulenteer... or not so voulentary Russian troop.

Thread Information