DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in playing if the campaign were translated onto 5E?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 57.14%
  • No

3 42.86%
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Dragonlance Chronlicles (1999)

FG License: GM has Ultimate, so players can use any version
    Game System: AD&D 2nd Edition
    Time Zone:
    Eastern Standard Time (GMT - 5)
    Day of week and time: Thursdays 6pm-10pm
    Planned start date: The start date will be decided when enough players have joined. 2-4 more are needed.
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly 4 hour Sessions
    Term: Long Term; This campaign is 36 Chapters, so assuming 1 chapter/session, a minimum of 36 weeks.

Text or Voice: Voice and Text
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? Yes, on YouTube

Roleplay & Combat mix: The campaign is versatile, so this will depend on the players' actions. Anywhere from 25/75 to 75/25.
    Number of Players in game & needed: Currently 3. 2-4 more are needed.
    Character starting level & equipment: Players will begin fully equipped. Level is dependent on the character selected.
    Character restrictions: Players must choose one of the existing characters for the adventure. However, your experience will be different from the characters in the books, and you will likely change in different ways. The backgrounds given are guidelines, as I want you to make these characters your own.

Details of your scenario: This campaign includes the complete Dragonlance Chronicles trilogy (Dragons of the Autumn Twilight, Dragons of Winter Night and Dragons of Spring Dawn). The campaign was released in 1999 by the writers of the original adventure modules, as well as the first books written in the Dragonlance series. Starting in Autumn of 351 AC (After the Cataclysm), the players will be instrumental in the outcome of the War of the Lance, also known as the Third Dragon War. When our story begins, the Innfellows are reuniting after 5 years at the Inn of the Last Home in Solace.

Players can choose from eleven legendary heroes; Note: Raistlin and Tasslehoff have already been taken.

Tanthalas "Tanis Half-Elven" (Elf Fighter, Level 5), Neutral Good: Born from an unfortunate attack on an elven noble, Tanis has always been torn between his human and elven heritage. Raised in the elven city of Qualinesti with his cousins Gilthanas, Porthios and Laurana, he later moved to Solace, where he trained with Flint Fireforge and a motley crew of youths from the town.
    Caramon Majere (Human Fighter, Level 6), Lawful Good: Twin brother to Raistlin, Caramon is his polar opposite, very noble and selfless, strong and sturdy. His love for his brother is, however, unconditional. The two brothers are never apart, and he is always protective of his "weaker" sibling.
    Raistlin Majere (Human Mage, Level 4), Neutral: Twin brother to Caramon, Raistlin was never very big, strong or fast. He learned of his talent for magic at a young age. At 20, he was invited to the High Tower of Sorcery to be tested, rare for one so young. If he cares for anything, it's his twin brother.
    Flint Fireforge (Dwarf Fighter, Level 4), Neutral Good: A retired blacksmith, Flint formed a close friendship with Tanis and helped to train most of the group. Known as The Infellows, Raistlin, Caramon, Sturm, and Tasslehoff all adventured together.
    Tasslehoff Burrfoot (Kender Handler, Level 4, Charlatan), Neutral: An young Kender with an unfortunate habit of "obtaining" items, Tasslehoff is as fearless and adventurous as any of his kin. He was often able to get the group out of trouble, which he just as often caused.
    Sturm Brightblade (Human Paladin, Level 6), Lawful Good: Descended from the famed Knights of Solamnia, who fell from grace during The Cataclysm, Sturm has sworn to restore honor to the knighthood.
    Goldmoon (Human Cleric Life Domain, Level 5, Outlander), Lawful Good: Daughter of a Chieftan of the plainspeople, Goldmoon has spent many years ruling in her father's stead, due to his illness. She is in love with Riverwind.
    Riverwind (Human Ranger, Level 5, Outlander), Lawful Good: The son of an outcast family, Riverwind was permitted to return to the village because of his superior hunting skill. When his relationship with Goldmoon was made known, he was sent on what the chifetan believed to be an impossible quest, to find evidence of the true gods. Riverwind returned, half-mad from what he had seen.
    Tika Waylan (Thief 3 Fighter 1), Neutral Good: Raised on the streets as a thief, Tika was taken in by the local innkeeper, where she currently works as a barmaid. She was 14 when The Innfellows separated and is not yet aware that they are returning.
    Gilthanas (Elf Fighter 3, Wizard 2 player can choose his specialty, Noble), Chaotic Good: The 2nd son of The Speaker of the Sun, leader of Qualinesti, Gilthanas was raised with Laurana, Tanis and his elder brother, Porthios. The details are known to none, but he clashed with Tanis just before he departed for Solace.
    Lauralanthalasa "Laurana" (Elf Fighter, Level 4, Noble), Chaotic Good: The youngest child of The Speaker of the Sun, Laurana grew up with Tanis and her older siblings. Over time, she developed a deep love for Tanis, who was a few years older than she. Their relationship caused a great conflict with their noble family.

Full details of the characters will be sent to those who play them. Note that as this is a long term campaign, which will take not only months of real time, but years of game time, I only want dedicated players.

Those interested, please sign up on the Game Calendar and PM me with the following information:
    1. Number of years playing D&D.
    2. Experience with AD&D (1E or 2E)
    3. Have you read the Dragonlance Chronicles (Note: This will not affect whether or not you are selected).
    4. Experience with Fantasy Grounds, if any.
    5. Your top 3 selections for characters and why you chose them.

Link to Game Calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3520
    Last edited by Dave0910; August 23rd, 2019 at 10:38. Reason: Campaign Update

I’ve seen a surprising lack of interest in this campaign, especially considering how many people on the FB AD&D 2E group wished they could join.
    So, I’d like to see some comments. If I were to translate the campaign into 5E, would more people be interested in playing?

i'm far more interested in playing 2e than 5e but i very much dislike being forced to play a pre-gen character who's entire story i grew up reading and know by heart. but maybe that's just me.

OMG I will play Tas.... Dragonlance is what got me into DND in 99 XD

I’m still looking for players. For those interested, please read the entire post before asking to join. I’ve had two potential players ask for a character who’s already taken.
    Returning players get priority in my campaigns, and this player has proven to be very effective in the class. Anyone else wanting to be a Mage will have to take Gilthanas (multi-classing rules apply).

Unclear as to whether ou converted this to 5e or not

Currently, no. I haven't done any translating. I was waiting for the results of the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave0910 View Post
    Currently, no. I haven't done any translating. I was waiting for the results of the poll.

Alright, just wondering. For a good 5e conversion of these modules I'd do my best to make the time LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dave0910 View Post
    You know the poll is closed, right?

Yes, I had to talk to my remaining player, who’s an old-schooler, like me about the poll. I’m going to translate to 5E. However, that is going to take some time. I’ll have to translate the Draconians from 2E as well as work out each dragon’s relative age (2nd Edition having had 12 age catergories as opposed to 5E’s 5). I also have to work out equivalent damage from creatures’ powers and create a 5E version of the Kender race and translate all of the charaxters into 5E, as multi-classing/dual-classing are completely different.
    Needless to say that will take some time.
    However, I am updating the thread and the calendar to reflect this.

Thread Information