5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    That's it, thank you.

So, is there a way to remove that "torn paper layers" and make the sidebar more narrow so the maximized image fills all the space?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    That's it, thank you.

So, is there a way to remove that "torn paper layers" and make the sidebar more narrow so the maximized image fills all the space?
    You would have to replace the sidebar graphic.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The sidebar width and graphic are defined in the extension; so you would have to modify the extension to both replace the sidebar frame as well as modify the width.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You would have to replace the sidebar graphic.
    Nope, that doesn't help. I've tried changing the image, and even changing the "left rect" and "middle rect", etc, but that changes how the image paints the area. I do need to find how to modify the width of the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The sidebar width and graphic are defined in the extension; so you would have to modify the extension to both replace the sidebar frame as well as modify the width.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yep, but I can't find where to change the sidebar width. Can you help me with this, pls?

Thank you everyone!

You can change the sidebar background graphic by replacing the "shortcuts" frame.

However, the size of the sidebar is dynamic based on the size of the buttons, and the buttons are centered in that space. The script that sets up the Desktop has some helper functions you can use to redefine button sizes, but if you shrink, they will become harder to see/use. Plus, the top set of buttons will become single row.

You'd need to run commands like these from a global script in an onInit event function.
    Code:
    function onInit()
      DesktopManager.setStackOffset(6, 2, 4, 0);
      DesktopManager.setStackIconSizeAndSpacing(47, 27, 0, 0);
      DesktopManager.setDockOffset(2, 5, 2, 0);
      DesktopManager.setDockIconSizeAndSpacing(100, 95, 0, 2);
    end
    This example is prefilled with the original values, so you would need to play with the values to adjust layout.

If it was me, I would just use a different theme, with a sidebar that's not so distracting when image background panel is being used.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    ..also look for an extension by treble that limits buttons to a single column
    Is that a new musical AI?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information