FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Help Adding Button to Sidebar

All I want to do is add one extra button to the sidebar. I want to keep the overall appearance displayed in the image I'm attaching (apart from adjusting alignment to fit in the extra button).
    I've followed every tutorial, video, and forum post I can find on the matter and I'm still not getting anything to show in the library or the sidebar.
    I'm guessing there's something I need to define somewhere for the library and sidebar to recognise the new button... but what and where is beyond me at this point.
    Please help...
    unknown.png

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums.

What ruleset and what button are you trying to add?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks.
    CoreRPG/Cypher System Ruleset
    Trying to add a button to the sidebar (the bar with Quests, Story, NPCs, etc) called "Recursions".

Try looking in the "scripts/data_library_35E.lua" file in the 3.5E ruleset for an example.

You can copy to data_library_strange.lua in your own ruleset, and then you can strip out everything but the code that calls aRecordOverrides variable. You'll need to customize the onInit function to register your overrides, update the aRecordOverrides variable which your specific record type information, and make sure that the new "data_library_strange.lua" file is referenced in the base.xml as a global script called "LibraryDataStrange".

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Here, this will add a Recursions button to the Library Data set.

You can thank Trenloe. I literally took his Abilities extension and just re-jiggered it for this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Talyn; June 12th, 2019 at 00:19. Reason: Fixed the windowclass

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    You'll need to customize the onInit function to register your overrides
    Pardon my ignorance, but how do I do that?
    I think that's all I need to do to have it fully functional.
    The good news is I'm seeing changes, and for that, I thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Here, this will add a Recursions button to the Library Data set. That's all it does, and will generate an error because it's calling for a window class that doesn't exist (I think you were working on it from your end though?) so you'll need to play with it and insert your data types, etc.

You can thank Trenloe. I literally took his Abilities extension and just re-jiggered it for this.
    I'm trying this extensions as well, and I'm seeing a file referenced in extension.xml called add_recursions_list.lua
    I don't have that file... which one would you recommend I copy to add it and where should I put it (i'm guessing in "scripts" or "campaign/scripts")?
    Or maybe it's a file I already have and the name is just throwing me off...

Blog Entries
    The Lua script is in the extension as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    The Lua script is in the extension as well.
    Ah, not sure how I missed that. Thanks.

So, while I really appreciate the extension, Moon Wizard's instructions seemed to yield better results. Probably because I broke the set you made the extension for beyond repair and had to rollback to a version that didn't have all the recursion files in it.

One thing I noticed though is that the extension you shared got the name of the button in the Library (but not the pic), whilst the instructions I followed from Mood Wizard did the opposite (probably because I still have more to do in regards to those instructions). Which makes me curious... Which part of the code in your extension controls the name in the Library?
    Last edited by sujifae; June 14th, 2019 at 18:26. Reason: clarity

searching for a delete button
    Last edited by KyoshiUriza; June 11th, 2019 at 23:41. Reason: searching for a delete button

Thread Information