FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Linking Initiatives?

Hello everyone! Is there a way in the 5E Combat Tracker to have a certain amount of initiatives linked to another? Currently I've got a person who summons all the things and we play with Re-Rolling Initiatives at the end of every round so you can imagine that gets to be the headache of headaches. I'm curious as to whether or not it's possible to link initiatives together because it's driving me up a wall! I've searched and deconstructed all that I can and have found no answers!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HasturCarcosa View Post
    Hello everyone! Is there a way in the 5E Combat Tracker to have a certain amount of initiatives linked to another? Currently I've got a person who summons all the things and we play with Re-Rolling Initiatives at the end of every round so you can imagine that gets to be the headache of headaches. I'm curious as to whether or not it's possible to link initiatives together because it's driving me up a wall! I've searched and deconstructed all that I can and have found no answers!
    Welcome HasturCarcosa

Write yourself an extension!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Welcome HasturCarcosa

Write yourself an extension!
    Thanks for the welcome!

I'm assuming that's a no then as far as you know?

Welcome

Maybe this esxtension, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Update-Effects, is the one you are seeking?

EDIT: although I do not know if that is suitable to your situation May misunderstand your situation
    Last edited by Kelrugem; June 22nd, 2019 at 09:29.

Short answer is no, there isn't such an extension. You can have initiative set to group initiative but I think that is only for NPCs.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This calls for sad trombone noise. Womp womp. Thank you for the information though! Perhaps I'll try to bring that up in a feature's request or something then at some point, if its not being worked on already!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HasturCarcosa View Post
    This calls for sad trombone noise. Womp womp. Thank you for the information though! Perhaps I'll try to bring that up in a feature's request or something then at some point, if its not being worked on already!
    It is the only time Ive ever seen it mentioned...
    Generally these are good times to experiment with or learn some coding

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    It is the only time Ive ever seen it mentioned...
    Generally these are good times to experiment with or learn some coding
    I mean you're not wrong but I'm already learning how to sew, how to craft foam boffer weapons, and how to 3D model so I just don't have the time to jump back into coding as much xD

Just to mention...I also ended up here looking exactly for that, linking summoned creatures and similiar to a particular PCs initiative. Too bad its not possible directly within FG though
    The problem might also be related to our rather large party size - a "typical" (somewhat serious) battle involves 8 PCs, maybe 20 enemies and now you add Conjure X or Animate Dead...familiars, occasional allies (last session they had 3 rescued allies fight alongside the group). This means in FG you have to scroll a lot up and down the combat tracker at times and it would be better if a certain player can just do his/her stuff completely at one point, say, the necro has her action, rolls for all zombies, decides on familiar etc rather than to spread it out (we also play with new random INI each combat round).

Quote Originally Posted by Valhingen View Post
    Just to mention...I also ended up here looking exactly for that, linking summoned creatures and similiar to a particular PCs initiative. Too bad its not possible directly within FG though
    The problem might also be related to our rather large party size - a "typical" (somewhat serious) battle involves 8 PCs, maybe 20 enemies and now you add Conjure X or Animate Dead...familiars, occasional allies (last session they had 3 rescued allies fight alongside the group). This means in FG you have to scroll a lot up and down the combat tracker at times and it would be better if a certain player can just do his/her stuff completely at one point, say, the necro has her action, rolls for all zombies, decides on familiar etc rather than to spread it out (we also play with new random INI each combat round).
    I guess this is due to that rolling initiative every round is not that common in D&D (?). The automation of FG mainly (not only) is for the standard rules and stuff, for other and additional rules one has to write extensions then, the highest priority of coding stuff is of course first focused on the main rules (but I can of course understand that one personally wants it when one rolls INI each round)

(and now I understand that it was about summoning creatures, I completely misread that line, sorry for my first answer)

Thread Information