STAR TREK 2d20

Tokens Not Scaling to Gridded Map

Had a bit of a problem lately when creating own encounters. As an example (and this will follow 5e-not sure if that matters), I am creating an encounter right now a Darkling (small size), a Dryad (medium size), and a Meenlock (small size). I have them in the encounter tab and am placing them onto a map that has a grid, in this case Battlemap_outdoor1 from the FG Battle Maps pack. Everything I read says the tokens should auto fit to the grid, and since all three creatures are medium or smaller, none of them should be larger than a single grid square; but that is not what happens. I just placed the Darkling and he takes up 30 squares (5x6), the Dryad takes up four squares (2x2), and the Meenlock also takes up 30 squares (5x6).

I know I can do ctrl+mouse wheel to scale them down, which would be fine, but the Placement setting from the encounter tab has them "Placed" at their unnaturally large sizes, so that when I go to run the encounter live, I would have to spend time scrolling each creature down to its correct size.

I'm not sure exactly why this is happening. I've read through the user manual, and all I can find on this topic is a short paragraph saying that tokens will auto-fit to a grid, but that is clearly not happening.

Any help would be appreciated.

Indeed, as damned says you ned to actually draw a grid on the map. Although it looks like that map you are using has a grid it isn't an FG grid. So right click on the map select Layers and then Set Grid. Hold the left mouse and starting at any grid intersection drag the green square until you get 50 px then let go the mouse button. You can alter this grid using the grid buttons on the top left of the map (Click the unlock button top right first). More details here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

And make sure that the campaign option Token: Auto scale to grid is not set to off. Info on this option in the Wiki user guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/.../Options#Token
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Zacchaeus,

That did the trick! Thank you very much!

Thread Information