DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Bug. Ift type monstrous humanoid not working

Hi
    I have not found this anywhere else, and I have not found a place to post bugs.
    The effect
    Ift: type(magical beast); atk: +2
    Does not work.
    I am typing this on my phone, so I apologize if I have an error. It should not be a writing error because we can make it work for everything else.
    Ift: type(giant); atk:+2
    Works. But not if we replace giant with magical beast.
    Monstrous humanoid does not work as intended either.
    This might have something to do with these types being two separate words?

Edit: Changed the title, it is "monstrous humanoid" that is not working
    Last edited by Svandal; June 7th, 2019 at 18:43.

There might be smth wrong with your syntax in the effect. I just tested this with "Bane; IFT: (magical beast); ATK: +2" and it worked correctly.
    Banebeast.JPG
    First role here is without the effect, second one includes it. Note that the +2 only shows up in the result on the second line, and is not included in the calculation on the first line (Roll result shows 14; attack shows the correct 16)
    Pathfinder/Traveller GM - Sometimes running CPRed, CoC, AD&D2E, and other stuff - Ultimate License
    Currently running Pirates of Drinax, and Skulls and Shackles
    Check out my little dungeon map blog

The effect needs to be IFT: TYPE(magical beast);ATK: 2
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I tried it again, and the magical beast worked. Damn it was a little while ago and I did not remember it correctly, or I might have an faulty extension at that time.

Thank you for testing the "magical beast", but "monstrous humanoid" does not work (or works to well depending on your viewpoint)
    IFT: Type (monstrous humanoid); ATK: 30; DMG: 20
    this works against all monstrous humanoids, AND all humanoid. The only thing in there that works is "humanoid", so it just looks after "humanoid".

This works:
    IFT: Type (magical beast); ATK: 3; DMG: 2
    This works:
    IFT: Type (Giant); ATK: 8; DMG: 6;
    This works against everything with "humanoid" in its type (So a cloud giant will have +38 attack and +26 damage in this example)
    IFT: Type (monstrous humanoid); ATK: 30; DMG: 20

It may be that you are just mistyping in your posts but the keywords need to be all caps and the monster type must be all in lower case. So IFT: TYPE(giant); ATK: 3; DMG: 2

Additionally this effect applies to the PC - not the monster; so in my example the PC with this effect on them gains a +3 to attack and a +2 to damage against the monster type Giant. The giant (or any other monster) gets no benefit from the effect.

I am of course assuming here that you are applying these effects to the PC and not to the monster.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It may be that you are just mistyping in your posts but the keywords need to be all caps and the monster type must be all in lower case. So IFT: TYPE(giant); ATK: 3; DMG: 2

Additionally this effect applies to the PC - not the monster; so in my example the PC with this effect on them gains a +3 to attack and a +2 to damage against the monster type Giant. The giant (or any other monster) gets no benefit from the effect.

I am of course assuming here that you are applying these effects to the PC and not to the monster.
    Maybe I am doing the same mistake, but I get the same problem. Seemingly there is no difference in "IFT: TYPE(humanoid)" and "IFT: TYPE(monstrous humanoid)". The tag "monstrous" does not restrict the amount of affected NPCs as targets

Blog Entries
    It seems to me like the logic is parsing 'monstrous' OR 'humanoid', not 'monstrous' AND 'humanoid'

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah, this is an issue with the conditional effect parsing of the words in the creature type and the common data table.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information