Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    feature request

Gold for XP, I suggest that parcels offer the option of award xp equivalent
    More than likely if someone did this it would be an extension. Gold for EXP is a 1E thing.

How are you wanting to "add" said "gold value" for experience? Remember that FG doesn't have a understanding of "gold value". It just knows 12 gps and 5 gps go into the gps pile. 5 pp is another monetary value. I would have to create a monetary exchange table and that would hard code coin types.

You can add a entry into the party sheet for custom experience rewards currently for rewards like this.

I did add the option to drag/drop a item into the Party Sheet Encounter/EXP window and it will apply the magic items "exp values" of that magic item as reward. I'll probably add a "parcel" drag/drop and npc/inventory drop doing the same down the road once I get the CT capable of handling the inventory list of npcs. Since this is a feature that can be optionally used it wouldn't hurt the 2E version of experience rewards. DMs can choose to do it or not.
    Last edited by celestian; July 12th, 2019 at 22:50.
    ---
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    More than likely if someone did this it would be an extension. Gold for EXP is a 1E thing.

How are you wanting to "add" said "gold value" for experience? Remember that FG doesn't have a understanding of "gold value". It just knows 12 gps and 5 gps go into the gps pile. 5 pp is another monetary value. I would have to create a monetary exchange table and that would hard code coin types.

You can add a entry into the party sheet for custom experience rewards currently for rewards like this.

I did add the option to drag/drop a item into the Party Sheet Encounter/EXP window and it will apply the magic items "exp values" of that magic item as reward. I'll probably add a "parcel" drag/drop and npc/inventory drop doing the same down the road once I get the CT capable of handling the inventory list of npcs. Since this is a feature that can be optionally used it wouldn't hurt the 2E version of experience rewards. DMs can choose to do it or not.
    Is that a Baked In option or do I need to flip a switch...I like to give the XP value of a magic item in my 1E GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by taoistpunk View Post
    Is that a Baked In option or do I need to flip a switch...I like to give the XP value of a magic item in my 1E GAME.
    It's base functionality of the ruleset. Don't need to do anything other than drop the item into the "encounter/xp" window. Make sure the item actually has a XP value assigned but otherwise it should work. It'll create a entry for the item name and the EXP value.

Once I get done with the Combat Tracker work I'll made it so you can just drag/drop the entire parcel in there instead of per item.
    ---

So last night I was poking around updating some issues related to inventory and I had an idea for Coins -> EXP (and items). I was able to make it work in a way that won't force folks to use it and it doesn't break people's ability to use custom coins.

1) It only works with PP, GP, EP, SP and CP. If you use coins other than that it wont work (exp for coins).
    2) You can only do it with parcels (coins). Any coin and items in parcels dropped into the "encounter rewards" on XP tab of the Party Sheet will have exp entries added.
    3) You can drag/drop individual items with EXP values to generate a reward entry (items, not coins).

Here is what it does.

You can try this out along with the new Combat Tracker if you enable the "Test" channel. Just make sure to backup your campaign before using it.
    Last edited by celestian; July 19th, 2019 at 23:38.
    ---

nice decal in background :P lol
    and a great way to award parcel xp
    Ultimate License Holder
    Professor @ Fantasy Grounds College
    Time Zone: Central Zone US (UTC -6)
    Current Projects: 1e REF4 "Book of Lairs II"
    Past Projects: 3.5 Conversion "B1 In Search of the Unknown"; 5e Conversion "B4 The Lost City"; 1e "Lords of Darkness"

Stephen W. Kissee (Steffen de Wolff)

So last night I was poking around updating some issues related to inventory and I had an idea for Coins -> EXP (and items). I was able to make it work in a way that won't force folks to use it and it doesn't break people's ability to use custom coins.

1) It only works with PP, GP, EP, SP and CP. If you use coins other than that it wont work (exp for coins).
    2) You can only do it with parcels (coins). Any coin and items in parcels dropped into the "encounter rewards" on XP tab of the Party Sheet will have exp entries added.
    3) You can drag/drop individual items with EXP values to generate a reward entry (items, not coins).

Here is what it does.

You can try this out along with the new Combat Tracker if you enable the "Test" channel. Just make sure to backup your campaign before using it.
    Oooooo....will be testing this weekend. Shweet

Thread Information